Re: Crochet Questions

Crochet related questions
JacquiPanter

Postby JacquiPanter » Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 pm

When making a chain into a circle, do you put the hook through one thread of the third stitch up from the bottom or through both threads (seems to vary on the tutorials)?

When making the treble crochets on the second round of a circular piece (an example is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ium6UBEEpm0) does the hook go under the ‘v’ that runs around the edge of the work or into the top ‘v’ of each vertical treble crochet? At the 4 min 7 second point of the coaster tutorial, the tutorial references to place the hook in the top of the next stitch, which made me wonder if the hook is to be placed at the top of the treble crochet made in the first round. Each treble crochet has two 'v's joining at the top of it it so I cannot put the hook through right at the top of the treble crochet. I understood the hook was to be inserted in the gaps under the ‘v’s running around the perimeter but this does mean that the hook does not go directly into the top of the treble crochet of round one but in the gap to the side of it (under the ‘v’). Basically, I am confused by the 'insert hook in top of stitch' instruction.

Lastly, photograph 171510 shows an extra bar running across under the 'v' around the perimeter. To the left of the base of the chain is the 'v' of the perimeter stitch but underneath is a bar going across. Does the hook go under the 'v' on the perimeter and above this bar or underneath the bar? Please excuse my husband's grubby hands - he was mid restoring our classic car!
Attachments
20150523_171510 (2).jpg
20150523_171510 (2).jpg (52.44 KiB) Viewed 552 times

Joy

Postby Joy » Mon May 25, 2015 7:05 am

I'm sorry you haven't had a reply yet, I find crochet incredibly confusing and might not be the best person to guide you
When making a chain into a circle, do you put the hook through one thread of the third stitch up from the bottom or through both threads (seems to vary on the tutorials)?

I think the answer is it doesn't matter. I tend to put my hook under both threads.

The top v of the treble,
I'm not sure if this answers your question but I always think of this v as looking like a knit stitch and that it is the top of the treble. If you were to hook under only one side of that v you would create a ridge. (That ridge can be used very effectively as a decorative stitch in its own right )

I'm not sure how to answer your third question.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Return to “Crochet”