SWAP of the year!!!

Is there a pattern that you just cannot do alone? Start a knitalong! Looking for inspiration? Join a knitalong!
divadoll_1

SWAP of the year!!!

Postby divadoll_1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Well all you lovely people.... I am going to start a swap for the year. I want it to be open to all levels of experience, so that those who are less confident or competent will have the option to put together a package including some quality items based on the preferences of their swap partner.

I am thinking of giving a pretty long run into this one so that slower knitters/crafters can get something done in time so a summer swap in time for the holidays....August 1st.

This will be open to ALL crafts, so even if you are less of a crafter but can make cakes to die for...then sign up! Think knitting, sewing, crochet, baking, papercrafts, pottery, ANYTHING.

Now I suggest a total of £20 for the package and for it to all fit into the size of a shoebox so that you can send it all by couriers like Hermes for about £3 within the UK. There will need to be a little jiggery pokery for those outside the UK. £20 isnt too much for a swap if you have 6 months to accumulate the goodies.

I will take names and details as follows, then make up a partner swap based on preferences. The list will have to be compiled by the middle of March as I am off for a 3 week holiday and will want to get this under way so I can start my shopping while away :rasp:

NAME
UK or ABROAD
Willing to post abroad
Craft you are submitting
Craft you would like to receive
Definite NO-NOs (like acrylic yarn, bright colours, sugar, wheat, chocolate, nuts....allergies, that sort of thing)
Shoe size (for those sock knitters amongst us)
Favourite colour
Collections

LIST

divadoll
JMT

Divadoll
UK
willing to send abroad
Submitting Knitting
Willing to accept any - especially CAKE as I cannot bake :angry:
No-No - Bright colours or pastels, prefer natural shades
Size 4
Browns
Yarnaholic
Last edited by divadoll_1 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmt1234
Supporter

Re: SWAP of the year!!!

Postby jmt1234 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi count me in!

JMT1234
UK
Willing to send abroad
Submitting - Knitting
Willing to accept anything except cakes and chocolate
Definite NO-NOs - bright colours, chocolates, toys
Shoe size 6
Favourite colours - prefer pastels and natural shades like cream and brown - no bright colours
Collections - Thimbles, yarn, love buttons.

divadoll_1

Postby divadoll_1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm

This wont be a secret swap JMT .... :rofl:

jmt1234
Supporter

Postby jmt1234 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:17 pm

LOL

I think we need a few more to take you upon it. I don't mind if it doesn't go ahead if there are only the 2 of us.

There doesn't seem to be the interest in swaps like there was a couple of years ago - I've always found it a fun thing to do.

divadoll_1

Postby divadoll_1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:12 am

OK JMT... I think I will just keep on with the one I am involved with on Ravelry and give this up as a lost starter :(

Return to “Knitalongs”