Project a month...........NOW its November, storming to Xmas

Is there a pattern that you just cannot do alone? Start a knitalong! Looking for inspiration? Join a knitalong!
Helen
Supporter

Re: Project a month...........NOW its November, storming to Xmas

Postby Helen » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:56 pm

More fingerless mitts ready for wrapping and gifting, nearly finished another but might not get chance to photo and post before end of month so grabbing my opportunity now
Attachments
helen's knitting projects 035 (Small).JPG
helen's knitting projects 035 (Small).JPG (86.71 KiB) Viewed 951 times

scotgirl

Postby scotgirl » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Love the cute little jumper Sunhat, looks great.
I haven't managed to finish much this month, these two little hats are all I've managed. Hopefully I will be able to finish the other four things I need for Christmas in time :)

Joy

Postby Joy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:27 am

Another month where I only just scraped by. My excuse this month was that we moved house and life has turned upside down. However, back in the summer a close friend was ordained as a curate. She asked if I would make her a clerical stole that she could wear during advent, the only restriction was that it had to be purple, the colour traditionally used in the Anglican Church during advent.
My plan was to make it during September/October but our house sale went through in exactly 12 weeks so from mid August onwards I have been drastically downsizing, cleaning, learning to speak solicitor language, etc generally tearing my hair out then the last straw was just as I was about to order a "creative pack" from textere, they went into liquidation and I had just given away all my fancy yarns..... Luckily I had kept enough of a selection to create my own assortment I layered a random selection under crystal organza and machine couched them roughly in place. Then I hand stitched a backing in place and finished it at 9 pm this evening, delivered it at 9:45 and it will be worn in church at the 8:30 am service this today. I'm hoping to get some photos of Clare in her full attire, but until this little photo will have to do.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Amethyst

Postby Amethyst » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:17 pm

I only managed to complete a hat this month.

hat.jpg
hat.jpg (62.12 KiB) Viewed 929 times

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Joy - that is lovely and im sure your friend loves it. Im glad to hear that you are well :hug:
Some beautiful hats as well. I cant believe that Christmas is nearly here :unsure:

bernadette

Postby bernadette » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi all your projects are lovely , how do you join the knitalong and what exactly does it entail it sounds like fun I,d like to give it a go in the new year. :thumbup:

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi Bernadette. It'll start up in the New Year and you have to post a pic of an item you have completed during the month of January. There'll be a new thread then for each month of the year and we try and complete something for each month.

bernadette

Postby bernadette » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks sunhat I will have to master getting photos on forum . each time I try it says they are to big . I will make it one of my new years resolutions to get it right. I also want to have a go at knitting socks and using circular needles for bigger projects. Oh that's three things better not add dieting and more excersise as well what a shame lol

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:22 pm

If you se photobucket to upload your pics, then you can re size them there as well.

darknit

Postby darknit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:17 pm

...and if you don't then this site is easy to use. http://resizeyourimage.com

Return to “Knitalongs”