The Aldara Baby Shawl - Disaster

For those addicted or just wanting to try Lace knitting.
christina-1

The Aldara Baby Shawl - Disaster

Postby christina-1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:22 pm

I had completed the centre of the Aldara shawl, picked up the 400+ stitches around the centre, completed the first row successfully but on doing the purl round, my cable came away from the screw in bit and about 60 stitches dropped off the cable (I wasn't aware that this had happened!) and unravelled themselves :shock: . I have managed to get everything back onto needles but tomorrow I shall have to go back and try and complete the first row on those 60 stitches, then do the purling to get everything back on the straight and narrow. To say I am grrr-ing about this is an understatement. I am sooo angry that the cable just simply dropped out of the screw in bit. It's the first time I have used this cable and is obviously a dud un. I shall be sending it back to Knit Pro.

mazzam

Re: The Aldara Baby Shawl - Disaster

Postby mazzam » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
Feeling your pain! :(

pinkshoes
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby pinkshoes » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Oooohhh :hug: :hug: :hug:
I have heard of housework, but I definitely don't like the sound of it
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/midhow
http://pinkshoesknits.wordpress.com/

christina-1

Postby christina-1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Thank you for the hugs pinkshoes

I am now over my Grrr and have decided to just frog the two rows and pick up all the stitches again. I've decided it's going to be quicker to do that rather than mess around trying to get those stitches back to how they should be. Grrr over for now :D

ContinentalCat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ContinentalCat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 am

How horrible, but well done for keeping cool!

perigeri

Postby perigeri » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 am

aaghhhh!!! nightmare but good on you as CC says for keeping cool , mine would have been a flying Shawl :D
Geri

Tricotine
Supporter

Postby Tricotine » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 am

I do feel for you! :hug:
Well done in frogging 2 rows and starting from there. I think that it was the better option too.

christina-1

Postby christina-1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Tricotine wrote:I do feel for you! :hug:
Well done in frogging 2 rows and starting from there. I think that it was the better option too.

Thank you Tricotine, Geri and CC for your kind words. The two rows have been half frogged and half tinked. I had forgotten that I had the top row live and the bottom row was a provisional cast on. All is back to where I begin to pick up the side stitches now. Need a rest as my eyes have taken a bit of a bashing.

Several months ago I treated myself to a pair of signature lace needles and I've not, up until now, had the chance to use them. During the tinking process I used them and they are fantastic, the points are beautiful and pointy, just what was needed to tink some knitting. :smile:

Tricotine
Supporter

Postby Tricotine » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 pm

christina-1 wrote: All is back to where I begin to pick up the side stitches now. Need a rest as my eyes have taken a bit of a bashing.

Well done you! Such a lot of time and hard work goes into our knitting that being extra carefull in "frogging" is worth while.
Glad the "signature" needles were good for the job. They are so beautiful, aren't they?

christina-1

Postby christina-1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Tricotine, :smile: the Signature needles not only look beautiful but they feel beautiful and work beautifully too. I am tempted, through sheer greed, to order a whole set, I say greed because I rarely use straight needles, but I could open the box, admire them, touch them and smile at them :D

Return to “Lace Knitting”