A Doll

For when knitting an object is just not enough to complete a project. Post your felting experiences here.
manda-r

A Doll

Postby manda-r » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 am

I've bit the bullet and I'm making this for my dd's 8th birthday next month. Soon she will be too old for dolls and I have wanted to make it since the pattern was listed in October the yarn arrived yesteday and I cast on straight away.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... ed-doll-20

The hair is a issue though I need some mohair stuff so I will need to see if Ican get some cheap - no one has any patons Misty in the yellow that they got when kemps was selling it for 39p that they want to destach have they :lol: I only got the red and grey.
Manda
Ravelry*projects
I am a recovering yarnaholic my blog

Vonnie

Re: A Doll

Postby Vonnie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 am

Oh what a cute little dolly she is.
Hope you manage to get some yarn for her hair.
VONNIE

dibuzz

Postby dibuzz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:38 pm

That's lovely, you're never too old for dolls :smile:

knittingpat

Postby knittingpat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Lovely doll, can't wait to see yours. I've some Gypsy in chocolate brown or a lighter brown, I think its called truffle, you are welcome to a ball if that would do the job. Its very soft and silky eyelash but its more like mohair when its worked. PM me with your address if you want some.
Pat xx
The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else!

manda-r

Postby manda-r » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm

knittingpat wrote:Lovely doll, can't wait to see yours. I've some Gypsy in chocolate brown or a lighter brown, I think its called truffle, you are welcome to a ball if that would do the job. Its very soft and silky eyelash but its more like mohair when its worked. PM me with your address if you want some.

Thank you for the kind offer Pat but eylash yarn sadly won't work as you need to loop strands through to make hair I've found some 4-ply baby wool that may just work so I'm going to try that before I buy anything. :smile:
Manda
Ravelry*projects
I am a recovering yarnaholic my blog

Return to “Felting”