Heads up newbies. The Knitting book 9.99 @ the Works

Read it? Want it? Need advice on a book that is calling your name? Find it here.
Billie

Heads up newbies. The Knitting book 9.99 @ the Works

Postby Billie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi All

Sorry I haven't been around much, my hands are still crocked DOH. Just wanted to let you know that if you are new to knitting and want a companion to walk you through techniques step by step, to explain the terminology that looks like another language. The head over to The Works as right now they have The Knitting book at the bargain price of £9.99.

Is it worth it? OH yes, I love this book, its hardbacked and by DK and is a superb reference book. Not a portable one as its large format but easy on the eyes and clear photos of techniques that are ideal if you are just getting started or want to learn some new techniques. There is a review of The Knitting book on my blog, if you would like to find out more about it before you buy.

Hope you are all keeping well and having a lovely time knitting up lots of love for the long winter evenings.

lots of luv n hugs

Billie
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

Illumina

Re: Heads up newbies. The Knitting book 9.99 @ the Works

Postby Illumina » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks Billie! I'll check my nearest works before getting click happy on amazon lol =)

ContinentalCat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ContinentalCat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks for the tip, and hope your hands will be better soon!

Billie

Postby Billie » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:26 pm

ContinentalCat wrote:Thanks for the tip, and hope your hands will be better soon!

Thank you for your good wishes CC, I'd hoped to make another cowl for this winter but it wasn't to be. Have to learn to respect the pain and wait for my hands to recover in their own good time. Lets hope next summer is kinder and dryer than this year was ;)

hugs

Billie
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

immy

Postby immy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:59 am

Wish I'd spotted that, I recently bought the knitting book off amazon. I don't usually go in the works because most of the stuff I've got from there before is cheap rubbish but there is good stuff sometimes.

Return to “Book Club”