My sonata is here :D:D:D

Drop spindle or wheel spinning? Show off your talent here.
sezo
Supporter

My sonata is here :D:D:D

Postby sezo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 pm

New Wheel!! I thought it would come today as my facebook horoscope said so lol .. well said I'd have a parcel or package on Tuesday hehehe

Now.. Any help on names for my beautiful wheel?!?!

kharma2815

Re: My sonata is here :D:D:D

Postby kharma2815 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Oh, that's so pretty!

I covet wheels immensely even though I've never even used a drop spindle. One day though...

Polly

Postby Polly » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Spinning wheels are so beautiful! I wouldn't know one end of one from another so I am not worthy to suggest a name! :lol:

Christine

Postby Christine » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am

Ooh, ooh, she's gorgeous.

I named my Ashford Traveller Betty, after my aunt, who died 35 or so years ago. She was a knitter/crocheter :) I actually did some spinning this morning - first time in over a month. It was rubbish at first, until I got into the rhythm again :D
Me on Ravelry
My Blog
2012 Yarn: Used 13460m : Bought 10007m : Nett 3453m

Vikki

Postby Vikki » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 am

Oh wow, very beautiful! How about Daphne? My Ashford Traddy is called Darcy (as in Mr) :smile:

Lottie

Postby Lottie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 pm

oh she's beautiful hun, not a clue on her name though hun. My louet is called Cleo after my old doggie
Lottie

thewoollymother

Postby thewoollymother » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:31 am

sezo wrote:New Wheel!! I thought it would come today as my facebook horoscope said so lol .. well said I'd have a parcel or package on Tuesday hehehe. Now.. Any help on names for my beautiful wheel?!?!

How are you going with your new Sonata? How is she spinning? I am thinking of buying one when I get to France as I would like a 'travel' wheel I can take anywhere with me. I've read a lot about them and most people think they are fantastic spinners. There are not many in Australia so can't really take one for a 'test drive', though by the look of the quality of manufacture, I don't think there will be much in the way of problems...

Vikki

Postby Vikki » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm also interested Sezo! I'm looking at either an Ashford Joy, a Sonata or a Louet Victoria - how easily does the Sonata fold up? Is it a dream to spin on? And did you name it?

sezo
Supporter

Postby sezo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:02 am

I named her Persephone in the end, as shes a dark beauty that spins the lightest yarns! I love her to pieces and I wouldnt swap her ever. She might swap me though as I dont get the time I used to to spin on her, but that'll change hopefully.

She folds up pretty well, I have to have the bag on the floor and sort of slide her in, because I lack the muscles and third arm to lift her into the bag, but it all fits in and I can use lots of fibre to make sure shes cosy on transport.

Ive tried a Joy and I just found it too small, like I was bent over it rather than sat at it. My Sonata sits just as high as my Traveller and so I havent compromised for a foldable wheel. Plus the Joy is made out of MDF type wood and it just didnt appeal to me. The Sonata is beautiful and just looks the bees-knees. I'm glad I went for the Mahogany and not the clear, but thats just me.

If I had the space I'd get an extra Kromski wheel, like the Symphony or the Polonaise, but thats just me being greedy. I have no 'need' for these wheels as my Sonata does everything I want it to, and I can get more flyers if I want. I might have to get the jumbo flyer just because of the plying.

I have to say, its in a different league to my Traveller and I do feel that Im not really getting the best of out it as Im still very much a spinning beginner.

Vonnie

Postby Vonnie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am

Oh drool. She is so beautiful. :smile:
VONNIE

Return to “Spinning”