Dyed roving??

Drop spindle or wheel spinning? Show off your talent here.
divadoll_1

Dyed roving??

Postby divadoll_1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Where is the best place to get some ready dyed roving so that I can get on with more spinning this year? I have had a look on ebay but am unsure what is a decent price and just how reliable they are...

Nevisknitter

Re: Dyed roving??

Postby Nevisknitter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 pm

I've used winghams but only bought from them in person at the shop or at Woolfest.

Blackdog
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Blackdog » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 pm

I've used Wingham, there's also World of Wool, Wheeldale Woolcrafts, Forest Fibres on Ebay then a few on Folksy/Etsy like Picperfic or Mandacrafts all do lovely fibre
Angela
Well behaved women never make history
My blog

divadoll_1

Postby divadoll_1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks ladies. I have vowed not to buy any wool at present (although I do have some on order just not paid for yet :oops: ) but this doesnt mean I cant add to my fibre stash and get some lovely stuff to spin. My spinning is coming on a bit now and am hoping to have a go at my alpaca fleeces soon. The scrappy stuff I got has come up ok, although somewhat lumpy but it is lovely and soft and hope to knit something up with it soonish.

mongrel

Postby mongrel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 pm

If you want an ebay shop, forest fibres is very good. Roz who runs it is lovely and the fibre is good quality & prices reasonable. I tend to use her over Winghams because Winghams charge a lot of postage to where I live.
I agree there are also some good sellers on etsy, especially if you want to try batts instead of top. I've tried picperfect, and "woolforbrains" has lovely things sometimes and VERY cheap!
Last edited by mongrel on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christine

Postby Christine » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:04 pm

I've bought from The Alpaca Spinner - http://www.alpacaspinner.com/ and also Shunklies on Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/shunklies
Me on Ravelry
My Blog
2012 Yarn: Used 13460m : Bought 10007m : Nett 3453m

Return to “Spinning”