Isle of Wight

Promote your LYS here or ask about where to find one. For when you just need to squidge.
Knit-wit

Isle of Wight

Postby Knit-wit » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 am

Can anyone recommend any wool shops on the Isle of Wight please.

Margaret.

darknit

Re: Isle of Wight

Postby darknit » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:52 pm

My SIL goes there and knits - will get the gen from her. Watch this space.....

darknit

Postby darknit » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:39 am

Heard back from SIL - not good news, she was unable to find a good yarn shop there and always took her own - sorry about that.

five in hand
Supporter

Postby five in hand » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:53 am

When I lived there, there was one down Holyrood Street in Newport. Hellerslea's.
BUT ...
Since I left, there is a new one I wish I could see...

http://www.wightcatwools.com/ on the High Street, in Newport, next door to a pub called The Cask and Custard Pot.
OTN

Ednamay

Postby Ednamay » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Woolshops on the Island; Hellerslea's shop is now behind the High Street in Newport, near to the back entry of Boots Pharmacy, close to Holy Rood street.

In Shanklin there is a new woolshop (with classes for new knitters) and a wide range of classic wools, in Regent Street, but there is a general store (newspapers and sweets, etc.) further along Regent Street, which is a bit more generalist.

I seldom get to Ryde, but I believe there is a woolshop up the hill, near the Catholic Church.

West Wight ? Classic Island saying - Newport is a fair way away, beyond Newport it is too far !

Ednamay

Knit-wit

Postby Knit-wit » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Thank you Darknit, Five in Hand and Ednamay, we visit all of those places so I'll have a look around I should be able to find something to keep my fingers busy (probably the day before we come home :( )

Margaret.

Knit-wit

Postby Knit-wit » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Just a quick update if anyone is interested, there is a wool shop in Yarmouth opposite the Church near the Bugle and another in Ventnor just before you start to go down the steep hill to the Esplanade, I didn't go in either so can't vouch for them.

Margaret.

Return to “Local Yarn Shops”