Alternative yarn

General questions about meterage and types
bernadette

Alternative yarn

Postby bernadette » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:27 pm

OK I,m feeling optimistic that the weather will have rained itself out and we will hopefully have a long warm dry summer :shades: . holding on to this thought and having had enough for now of projects that require chunky yarn I have fallen in love with a pattern in a simply knit magazine issue 136 .the pattern is on page 64 a nice springtime top with a simple lace band at the bottom knit in a contrast colour . the main attraction of the pattern is the sleeve lenght which falls just on the elbow , great for hiding the tops of my arms . the yarn is stylecraft classique cotton dk 110gram /184m.
I have never used any stylecraft yarns , I have looked at a Paton's cotton that I have previously used but wondered what other people would recommend re dk cotton .!thanks

Helenhfj
Supporter

Re: Alternative yarn

Postby Helenhfj » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:18 pm

I've used James C Brett Cotton On for lots of baby things and they seem to wash and wear well and it's very reasonable too. It's a cotton/ acrylic blend (half and half) so not as hard on the fingers as pure cotton when knitting and nice and soft too.
Latest FOs: Oxford Circus Shawl; Simplest Sweater
Me on Rav ... Stashdown count: Used 0, bought 18. Running total = +18

bernadette

Postby bernadette » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks Helen I will have a look .

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:07 pm

I like the James Brett as well and I've also used a lot of the cotton Bamboo. Both wash and wear well. I used the Bamboo to make a school cardigan for my 4 year old granddaughter in September. It's had some rough wear and is in the wash at least once a week and it's still in great shape

Return to “Yarn Queries”