New Knitter

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
Joy

Re: New Knitter

Postby Joy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi Sorbier, welcome to the forum. You sound like a very busy knitter. I'd love to see some photos of your projects.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

sorbier

Postby sorbier » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Joy, I've created an album and uploaded some photos :)

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi sorbier and welcome to the forum :hug:

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Illumine wrote:Hi Gillian,
c
How is Northern Ireland? I've heard it's beautiful!

I've made a small scarf and a couple of decorative rabbits :) I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to share photographs :D I'm about to embark on a lap blanket and a pair of socks! I'm currently practicing with acrylic wool so as to not waste the beautiful natural stuff!

Yes, Northern Ireland is very pretty, Emma. The whole island of Ireland is known as the Emerald Isle, probably because of all the rain we get here lol.

Well done on your completed scarf and rabbits - looking forward to your pictures of them - and wishing you success with the lap blanket and the socks! My daughter gave me a kit for knitting socks several years ago, but I am not a socks knitter and it took me a long time to wind up the two skeins into balls. I finally made a start on the project, only to find that the stitches kept falling off the needles. I have abandoned it for now.

Gillian

Ps As regards alerts to replies to your posts, you need to click on the box next to 'Notify me when a reply is posted'. That's below where you Save draft, Preview or Submit and can easily be missed until you actually send your message.

Return to “Introduce yourself”