Hello to all fellow knitters

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
adorablebabydesign

Hello to all fellow knitters

Postby adorablebabydesign » Sat May 06, 2017 12:37 pm

My name is Alexandria, I am a creator of knitting patterns and have entered in to the world of business which is proving to be difficult. My son helps me with the selling, posting and advertising but even he is struggling, if anyone has any advertising ideas I would welcome any useful information. I have been knitting now for around 47 years and I cannot leave the needles alone, the creative side of me keeps going and I find myself sleeping less and less as I try and keep people happy. Well I wont go on, I just wanted to say hello and say a little about myself.

sweetpea

Re: Hello to all fellow knitters

Postby sweetpea » Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Welcome to the forum :hug:

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Have you come across the Ravelry site? You can sell self published patterns there. I don't know about fees or how it works but it might be an option for you to consider.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

adorablebabydesign

Postby adorablebabydesign » Fri May 12, 2017 11:26 am

Thank you for the replies, yes I have come across Ravelry but you are pretty much giving away 50% of your sales so I haven't used that one. I am currently selling on eBay, Craftsy and Etsy. eBay works quite well but only if you sell at a large scale, my first month in business I sold £1000 of patterns but this may have been because I was new? Etsy is steady but Craftsy isn't as good. It is all about me finding ways to get my business seen and for people to buy them. I have my patterns at low prices which is killing me as I have spent a lot of time and effort on them, but if I try selling them at the price I think they are worth then no one touches them.

Joy

Postby Joy » Fri May 12, 2017 5:47 pm

£1000 is nothing to laugh about. You're doing something right. Well done.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

tonya.laning

Postby tonya.laning » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Welcome to the forum! Have you considered advertising on Ravelry? They get the largest audience of any knitting site.

Good luck with your business. :knit:

Return to “Introduce yourself”