Hello

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
juliangreen

Hello

Postby juliangreen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:38 am

Hi, my name is Julian. I just learn how to do a blanket stitch. :rofl:
Kidding aside, I'm new to knitting. I would like to learn how to make scarves.
I would also like to make cute animal crochet that I can sell online.

darknit

Re: Hello

Postby darknit » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi Julian and welcome to the forum.

juliangreen

Postby juliangreen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:45 am

Thank you. :)

TonyH

Postby TonyH » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you have not got one yet, I suggest getting an account with Ravelry. Its free and there are many patterns for scarves that are free also.
:cheers: Tony

juliangreen

Postby juliangreen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:08 am

TonyH wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum. If you have not got one yet, I suggest getting an account with Ravelry. Its free and there are many patterns for scarves that are free also.

Thank you, Tony. I'll check that one. ;)

Joy

Postby Joy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi Julian welcome to the forum. Tony's suggestion of joining Ravelry is a good one. If you progress to making things to sell online just watch out that you stay within copyright and have the designers permission to sell an item you make. Unless of course you design it yourself and then you decide. Also if you're making toys check out any safety legislation, choking hazards etc. Sorry if I sound a bit of a kill joy, I do wish you well, it's lovely to have a hobby that can turn a profit.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

juliangreen

Postby juliangreen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 am

Yes, Joy. I want something that is more of a how-to reference than what to do. I won't copy the design since I'm striving to draw each of mine but a little inspiration won't hurt right? I highly appreciate your advice and I'll make sure not to neglect safety and choking hazard especially when I decide to use materials such as beads. Thank you so much.

Joy

Postby Joy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:35 pm

One of the best crochet teachers is a lady called Lucy who has a blog called Attic 24. She tends to make blankets rather than animals, so not ideal for you but she does excellent photo tutorials so that would help you learn the techniques needed.

A company called Toft alpacas make adorable little critters (birds animals dinosaurs etc) but they fall more into the toy category so again not exactly what you're after but good inspiration.

Little crochet creatures are often referred to as amigurumi, there's loads of patterns and ideas out there, it's not my forte so I can't give you a specific link.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Return to “Introduce yourself”