Newbie Here

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
Knit Naks

Newbie Here

Postby Knit Naks » Sat May 14, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm Vicky and I've just found this forum.

I've recently re discovered knitting as it were and am working on an owl kit that I bought from either Aldi or Lidl. The only problem seems to be that the pattern is wrong so I need to try and work out what it should be!

Aside from knitting, I like sewing. We have numerous pets here including a retired greyhound, two cats, ten fancy rats and 6 fancy mice. All go but it keeps me out of Mischief!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and being an active member here

sweetpea

Re: Newbie Here

Postby sweetpea » Sat May 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :hug: . What sort of things do you like to knit?

Knit Naks

Postby Knit Naks » Sun May 15, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll have a go at most things but I like to knit toys, teddy bears etc. I've got a number of the Jean Greenhowe booklets and I like her patterns as I find them very easy to follow.

I've just ordered a loom your own scarf kit from the Avon book so I'm looking forward to that coming and having a go at that

Knit Naks

Postby Knit Naks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Well that was a long time between posts, so I suppose this is a re introduction! Silly me forgot my log in details!

I never did work out the owl pattern, even my mother in law couldn't make sence of it so I guess the pattern was wrong in some way as she's been knitting over 50 years!

Looking forward to getting to know you all (again!) and NOT forgetting my log in details this time round!!

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:23 am

Welcome back Knit Naks :hug: . So what have you been knitting since you were last on here?

saliha

Postby saliha » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:40 am

Hello and welcome back to forum.
DON'T KNIT AND DRIVE . . . . . you could drop a stitch!

Knit Naks

Postby Knit Naks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:04 pm

sweetpea wrote:Welcome back Knit Naks :hug: . So what have you been knitting since you were last on here?

I did a Christmas Puppy from a Jean Greenhowe booklet and gave it to my neighbour, I've done the Owl from another Jean Greenhowe booklet, that went to another friend to give a friend of hers. I've just got my booklets out now to decide what to do next!

I've also been cross stitching in the interim, I like both and tend to do one for a while then the other

Knit Naks

Postby Knit Naks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:24 pm

And in true me style I've ended up not doing anything from my booklets but from a book I found at the charity shop (For the bargain price of 40p) and it's a pattern for a blanket, done in strips, I think its 4 strips each consisting of 5 squares of colour or it's 5 strips each consisting of 4 squares of colour, I can't remember without looking it up!

I'm using the biggest needles I've ever used and they're still not the size it says so if needbe I will make extra strips.

A friend is making/collecting knitted/Crochet'd blankets for the homeless so I guess it's not like say a jumper that has to be a specific size, I mean surely a blanket can be any size!

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Welcome back to the forum, Kniknak. Did you manage to remember your log-in details or did you have to rejoin? You know you can click on Forgot your Password?. Of course, the important thing is, you didn't give up on knitting. That would have been sad.

Yes, a blanket is a good idea - you can make it any size you want. I just hope you don't mind the sewing up!

Gill

Return to “Introduce yourself”