New Knitter

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
Illumine

New Knitter

Postby Illumine » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Hey! I'm Emma from the UK. I'm very new to knitting, but I decided to give it a try as I find a great exhilaration in creating. Whether it's cooking, drawing, filmmaking (I studied for 6 yrs in filmmaking; it's still dear to my heart, it I wonder if it was my calling or not these days!).

I decided to join to learn more: understand my mistakes as in how I made them and how to correct them, see if others have the same ones, what the best needles are and why, what items help improve your knitting experience... I would mainly love to see what kind of things can be achieved in knitting and how to become an expert while enjoying the craft and exploring the creative and artistic possibilities :)

I look forward to speaking with and learning from you all!
:knit: Our senses only help us to perceive a minute portion of the outside world. ~ Nikola Tesla

darknit

Re: New Knitter

Postby darknit » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Hello Emma and welcome to the forum.

It's a little quiet on here at the moment as I think many of us diehard knitters are also gardeners and enjoying the Spring weather. Bear with us! We love pictures of your work - whether it be finished or ongoing work in progress. Any queries also tend to get us going with advice and experiences shared.

Peace
Kate

TonyH

Postby TonyH » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Emma. You've come to the right place for all things knitting. The ladies (not spoken to any blokes yet) know everything. Learnt lots since I joined. Welcome and enjoy your time here.
:cheers: Tony

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Welcome, Emma! Have you started any projects yet? If not get those needles and yarn out and start knitting! Choose something simple to start with and let us know how you're getting on.

I am Gillian from Northern Ireland.

Gillian

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:43 am

Hi Emma and welcome to the forum :hug: :hug: .

Illumine

Postby Illumine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am

darknit wrote:Hello Emma and welcome to the forum.

It's a little quiet on here at the moment as I think many of us diehard knitters are also gardeners and enjoying the Spring weather. Bear with us! We love pictures of your work - whether it be finished or ongoing work in progress. Any queries also tend to get us going with advice and experiences shared.

Peace
Kate

I'm sorry for not replying Kate, I thought I would receive alerts in my emails so presumed no one had written to me! :omg: I wish I had a garden, that sounds like such a beautiful life style :D I'll have some pictures posted as soon as possible. The little rabbits I had made for Easter have been given to my Nana and one of my sisters so I sadly don't have finished photos of those, but I have some photos of my first one mid finish :)

How do I share photographs without having to do an image code? I have attempted to attach images, but even small photographs seem to be too large!
:knit: Our senses only help us to perceive a minute portion of the outside world. ~ Nikola Tesla

Illumine

Postby Illumine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 am

sweetpea wrote:Hi Emma and welcome to the forum :hug: :hug: .

Thank you Sweetpea :) :) :hug:

Illumine

Postby Illumine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 am

Knitting Gill wrote:Welcome, Emma! Have you started any projects yet? If not get those needles and yarn out and start knitting! Choose something simple to start with and let us know how you're getting on.

I am Gillian from Northern Ireland.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

How is Northern Ireland? I've heard it's beautiful!

I've made a small scarf and a couple of decorative rabbits :) I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to share photographs :D I'm about to embark on a lap blanket and a pair of socks! I'm currently practicing with acrylic wool so as to not waste the beautiful natural stuff!

Illumine

Postby Illumine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 am

TonyH wrote:Hi Emma. You've come to the right place for all things knitting. The ladies (not spoken to any blokes yet) know everything. Learnt lots since I joined. Welcome and enjoy your time here.

Hi Tony!

It's fun knowing there's a few men on here as well :D I can't wait to get stuck into this forum! I'm so excited. I've just purchased my first set of small 2.5mm to get started on socks and a circular set of needles to begin a lap blanket so I'll certainly be asking questions when I'm sure to get stuck on those!

sorbier

Postby sorbier » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Natalia from Russia. I first took a crochet in my hands two years ago when I decided to decorate one of my dresses with a red knitted rose. Then there was a warm-keeping cover for a tea-pot. After those two simple items I really got into crochet knitting and created some more things - a swimsuit for my daughter, some warm hats and baby shoes. Now I'm having several things being worked on and looking forward to communicate with knitting fans! :knit: :) sorry if my English is not correct sometimes. English speaking forums are new to me but very interesting and exciting, because there's plenty of alive lexis you won't find in any coursebook :)

Return to “Introduce yourself”