Greetings Everyone

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
Saltrams

Greetings Everyone

Postby Saltrams » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Well I imagine I'm not the first to join up because I need help but I hope I will fit into the community and be able to participate too.
Born in 1963, I grew up with a fantastic knitting mother, a marvellous knitting aunt and a brilliant crocheting aunty; how then did I not value those skills and want to learn? I could be a black belt by now (knitted, of course). But no, sadly I thought knitting was old fashioned and pointless, until about a month ago when I had a real knitting epiphany. It's useful, practical, enjoyable, calming, fun and can be done anywhere - what's not to love? OK, I can actually knit the very basic stitches so something must have sunk-in at some point but I can't follow a pattern. Now, I've ordered half a hundred weight of yarns I couldn't resist and find the only thing I can actually knit is a scarf :roll: so now I'm off to post a plea for help with my very first project. Wish me luck, as I wish you all happy knitting. :knit:

saliha

Re: Greetings Everyone

Postby saliha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 pm

Greetings to you and welcome.

Have a nice moments with your hobby and Happy Easter too.

:flowers:

P.S. I have knitted about half of my life but still those knitting patterns are like the Latin to me. :blink: This of course motives me to create my own patterns.
DON'T KNIT AND DRIVE . . . . . you could drop a stitch!

sweetpea

Re: Greetings Everyone

Postby sweetpea » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :hug: :hug:

Return to “Introduce yourself”