Purl Alpaca: Isis Tailcoat. Stunning but would this be hard?

Just knitted a pattern you are itching to share? Give us your recommendations here.
Billie

Re: Purl Alpaca: Isis Tailcoat. Stunning but would this be hard?

Postby Billie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:13 pm

I agree with you all, my current position on it is that I'm struggling to make sense of what are said to be simple patterns. So for the time being I'll get my head round that before jumping into a big project. The cost of finding out is a big part of the issue, buying online is such a blind date. Its also going to cost a lot to make so if it all went horribly wrong I'd be gutted. I would use different yarn too as natural fibers make me itch and sneeze.

I get muddled when I have to do multiple things on the same row, the tip someone on here gave me about putting row markers in for the changes has made all the difference and I re write patterns out long hand, using different coloured ink for the different stitch types or changes. Sounds a faff but with the dyslexia I struggle to stay on the right line of instructions and the different colours help me to read to the end of the line.

Me thinks this is a wish list project for when I have more experience reading patterns. Just think for £399 they will knit it for me hehe {Note to self: Put lottery scratch card on shopping list!} If anyone buys the pattern do let us know if its a boggler or brilliant ;) Kari-Helene is lovely, she gave me an interview for the blog and the company are regularly on the Create and Craft channel with patterns and yarns. I think her stuff is under the knitters 'special treat' kinda section :) Pricey for every day but would be a lovely treat. I've got my eye on the boot cuffs too ;) They look a better place to start.
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

LynneB

Postby LynneB » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

It is a seriously lovely jacket though.... :)
Lynne x
http://www.ravelry.com/people/LynneBee - I'm on Ravelry too.

Dominey

Postby Dominey » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 pm

I like it when designers have a small free pattern so you can see their 'writing' style, even if its something I'm unlikely to make - unfortunately this one doesn't. I think its the nearest you can get to going to a shop and flicking through a pattern/book. I think I'd be tempted to try the boot cuffs and see how you get on.

Return to “Pattern Review”