Searching for my mother's pattern

Looking for a pattern? Let us help
Mrs Holmes

Searching for my mother's pattern

Postby Mrs Holmes » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am

Hi there,

I got married last Saturday; after the ceremony my beautiful mother suffered a brain haemorrhage & sadly passed away.

Mom & I always knit blankets for our friends' & family's new babies. I'm good at following patterns but unable to work out from a blanket what the pattern would be. I really want to knit a blanket for my sister to replicate her comfort blanket as a child, which our mother had knitted. I'm sure it's a simple pattern, but I don't know how to do it. I've attached a photo, could anybody help with this at all?

Many thanks

xxx
Attachments
IMG_4396.JPG
IMG_4396.JPG (83.19 KiB) Viewed 217 times

darknit

Re: Searching for my mother's pattern

Postby darknit » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi there

What a devastating thing to happen - my deepest sympathies.

It is really difficult to work out the design on the blanket (really cute pic though!) - I think it would only be an approximation of the pattern if at all. My instinct would be to knit another pattern in your Mum's favourite colour or incorporating her name or initials or some other way of bringing back memories. This link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search# ... ry=comfort blanket has lots of ideas.

Kate

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Im so sorry to hear about your loss :hug: I hope you find the pattern you are looking for.

Joy

Postby Joy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad your mum was able to see you get married though.
I've had a good look through Ravelry and can't find anything identical, (but that's not to say it isn't out there). It's quite a simple design so there's a possibility that your mum knitted it without a pattern. Maybe taught to her by your grandmother.
I hope you find something that brings comfort to you and your family. X
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Pollypops

Postby Pollypops » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 am

I have a cardigan pattern like that i will sort it and see if its the same x so sorry for your loss x

Return to “Pattern Requests”