Looking for English version of FREE pattern in Icelandic

Looking for a pattern? Let us help
Saltrams

Looking for English version of FREE pattern in Icelandic

Postby Saltrams » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello Everyone. You have all been very kind in your responses to my first two posts here & as a beginner knitter I am not qualified to reciprocate but I hope to be able to one day.
So, down to business: I have found a pattern that I love (two really but they are variations of the same thing & either one will do just fine) but the problem (for me) is that they only seem to exist in Icelandic, which is completely beyond my limited foreign language skills and I'm certainly not trusting it to Google Translate!! Both patterns are free, BTW.
I tracked down the designer on Facebook and, crazy coincidence, she lives about 50km away from me in Rome but she kindly responded with an alternative pattern suggestion because there isn't an English version (but of course someone might have done it that she doesn't know about so that's why I'm asking you all now).
My question to the community is, therefore, does anyone have or know of an English version somewhere or is there an Icelandic speaker in the community who is able to dedicate their time & skill to a translation please?
Now, I have worked with interpreters a great deal in my professional life and I know how costly a piece of translation can be. I'm not asking for work for free but I hope people understand that the cost of a professional translation just isn't worth it even for a knitting pattern (may the Knitting Gods forgive me). So if anyone is willing to do it for a modest fee then I will be very happy to hear from them. Thank you!
The pattern pictures and links to the Icelandic text patterns follow;

http://istex.is/islenska/uppskriftir/vara/16419/

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lett-lopapeysa-me-stuttum-munsturbekk-og-hettu

darknit

Re: Looking for English version of FREE pattern in Icelandic

Postby darknit » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Have you asked on Ravelry? It's a much better bet than this forum I think. (Not to denigrate Phoenix Knitters but our numbers have dwindled somewhat.)

Also searching on Ravelry may well turn up a very similar pattern - in English.

Edited to add: Sorry I didn't read your post well enough! I assume you have already gone down the Ravelry route for both translation and pattern. My apologies.

Saltrams

Re: Looking for English version of FREE pattern in Icelandic

Postby Saltrams » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello; yes I have searched Ravelry but I haven’t asked this question, I don’t know if they have a forum like this & didn’t think to check. Will do that, thank you.

Return to “Pattern Requests”