Olaf the Snowman - Frozen

Looking for a pattern? Let us help
Illumina

Olaf the Snowman - Frozen

Postby Illumina » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi guys, I'm looking for a knitting pattern for this snowman from the new Disney movie, Frozen.

I have found a crochet pattern on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... attern-pdf here which pretty much nails him! But I can't crochet, and currently don't have the time to start learning right now.

Is there a way to convert crochet patterns to knits?

Or any ideas on how I can produce something similar?

The disney store toys of Olaf are sold out and as you can imagine the vultures have already swooped in and are charging double and up on ebay for them! So I thought I might try my hand at knitting him, if only I can get started.

I figure the bottom snowball will be the easiest, since it's the most 'round' one, but the mid section and head are irregular shapes, and not sure how to put these into a pattern.

I shall keep searching, any help would be fab, thank you in advance

Joy

Re: Olaf the Snowman - Frozen

Postby Joy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 pm

I think it's quite a tall order to replicate a Disney character, although at face value the features look very simple, but they have to be just right otherwise you might as well have followed an non branded pattern. I've been looking at olaf's arms and I think they would definately be easiest crocheted, but the rest of him ought to be straight forward. There are quite a few plain knitted balls on Ravelry, so once you've got the ratio right for increasing and decreasing you ought to be able to make the ball the size you want.
I think I'd make his teeth out of felt.

Good luck
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Flowerfairy

Re: Olaf the Snowman - Frozen

Postby Flowerfairy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm with Joy, I think you might be best crocheting the arms, but it might be worth having a look at some of Alan Dart's toy patterns to see if there's one there that you could adapt. I saw someone had adapted his koala pattern from a recent issue of Simply Knitting to create Stitch (as in Lilo and Stitch) and he looked great. www.alandart.co.uk
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

Return to “Pattern Requests”