Vannas’s Choice Hooded Sweater, Lion Brand - completely confused about hood instructions

Having trouble understanding pattern instructions? Post request for help here.
Janek

Re: Vannas’s Choice Hooded Sweater, Lion Brand - completely confused about hood instructions

Postby Janek » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:09 pm

As a get out do you think I could do 2 sections of 20 stitches each and then join?

Joy

Re: Vannas’s Choice Hooded Sweater, Lion Brand - completely confused about hood instructions

Postby Joy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:28 am

Picking up stitches is always a pain. Here are some suggestions.

You are trying to pick up those 40 stitches from all away around the neck edge not just the right front.

Without having seen the pattern I would expect thereto be roughly 40cast off stitches available for you.

Do you have a crochet hook, you could pull your working yarn through with a hook and then slip it onto your needle. I tend to pick up all my stitches before I knit them, just make sure that when you start knitting you have the knits on the right side and purls on inside of the hood.

Don't fret if your count is a stitch or two out, the second row is an increase row. So your aim is to get your stitch count right by the end of second row. Just add in stitches evenly. It won't even matter if it takes you 3 rows to get there. But you don't want a tight non stretchy row cause that would be uncomfortable for the wearer.

If your cast off edges are tight it might be worth pulling back and redoing them more loosely.

I can't see any real benefit in doing 2 lots of 20. But if that's how you feel more confident to work then go for it.

And finally keep going, you're almost there.good luck
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Janek

Postby Janek » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you Joy. I ended up doing 2 sections of 20 stitches and will just seam the hood. Thank you for this - I’m almost at the end :thumbup:

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Well done. We want photos to celebrate :thumbup:
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Return to “Pattern Queries”