Angelina Ballerina Knitting Pattern Query

Having trouble understanding pattern instructions? Post request for help here.
lamsywig

Angelina Ballerina Knitting Pattern Query

Postby lamsywig » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:54 am

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am currently knitting a toy for my daughter and have come across a section I am a bit confused on.

I am on the arms and there are currently 14 stitches on the needle and I am on the right side after having stocking stitched 15 rows. The next pattern instructions are as follows:

Next 2 rows: K12, wrap, turn, p10, wrap, turn.
Next 2 rows: K8, wrap turn, p6, wrap turn.

Then it begins a cast off section.

The query I have is where it says Next 2 rows. Do I do the first K12 row and then follow this with the same row but on the wrong side (ie on purl side).

Then do the same with the K8 row ie one on the right side and one on the wrong side.

Or do I do the K12 row followed by purling a whole row (even though this is not in the instructions), then repeat the K12 row and a purl row. Then do the same with the K8 rows.

It just seems a bit odd that all of a sudden I am working a knit row on the purl side as the picture does not look like that. It looks as if it is stocking stitch throughout.

Hope my query makes sense.

Thank you for any help.

Kind regards

Liz

darknit

Re: Angelina Ballerina Knitting Pattern Query

Postby darknit » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Sorry if you have struggled with this and no-one replied.

The pattern goes like this. Row 1: knit 12 (leaving 2 stitches behind) wrap and turn, Row 2: purl back 10 stitches (leaving 2 stitches) wrap, turn, Row 3:
knit 8, wrap, turn, Row 4: purl 6 etc. Leaving 2 stitches behind each time.

Hope this helps (and you haven't given up in disgust!) Please let us know how you get on.

Kate

Return to “Pattern Queries”