what gadgets do you recommend?

Ball winders? Stitch Counters? Strange contraptions that look alien but allow you to knit four times as fast? Tell us about them all here.
jennifer123

what gadgets do you recommend?

Postby jennifer123 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 am

hello, my first real post and im looking for a gadget to speed up my ageing pace! is there anything about? i looked on www.amazon.co.uk for knitting gadgets but didnt find mind. advice would be great. x

jennifer123

Re: what gadgets do you recommend?

Postby jennifer123 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:03 am

i did a quick search too for freebie gadgets in knitting but didnt find, i did come across this free cardigan knitting pattern http://www.gratisfaction.co.uk/freebies ... -patterns/ from the http://www.gratisfaction.co.uk/ and i will try doing that today but again a gadget to speed things up really would help me and my numb fingers, please ideas if you can or recommendations?

Helen
Supporter

Postby Helen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Jennifer, i am not sure about gadgets but i think discomfort/pain in fingers is common amongst the knitting community... suggestions to do hand exercises are often encouraged to keep the movement in the joints. Maybe google to find some. Also different styles of knitting can help. I haven't tried but some have suggested continental knitting, again you could you tube for an example.
I personally swop between knitting and crochet (i have recently taught myself from you tube) and the different positions ease any repetitive pain, plus a rest day every now and again and a browse on ravelry for my next project!
Hope you have other suggestions too to help :)

Joy

Postby Joy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi Jennifer, I'm not sure you'd view needles as gadgets but using nice smooth needles really does help speed things up. If I go back home to see mum she often tries to give me her old needles which are bent and the coating on the tip has flaked off. Nooooo give me my knit pros any day.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Return to “Knitting Gadgets”