ipad/ phone knitting app

Ball winders? Stitch Counters? Strange contraptions that look alien but allow you to knit four times as fast? Tell us about them all here.
manda-r

ipad/ phone knitting app

Postby manda-r » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 am

My friend is designing a ipad knitting app row counter for me (well he will sell it but it was my idea)

He needs to know what will make it perfect sI'veve said several counters so we can track parts of a garment or several garments

so here is my idea
bits in blue set
bits in black typed in by user
bits in red drop down menu
bits in green row counter
excuse my inability to get all shades the same :?

Garment Back
cast on typeThumb
needle size
3mm rib
3.5 body
needle type circ. DPN straights

Counter 1 rib 10 rows inches
Counter 2 back 26 rows inches
Counter 3 arm shaping 2 rows inches
A notes section
Ability to add up to 5 counters and 5 garments

Have I missed anything or any ideas that might make it better

Obviously this might be too complex for Tony feel free to make any suggestions as Tony is not a knitter and I'm brain dead.

Mods I hope this is ok to post here.
Manda
Ravelry*projects
I am a recovering yarnaholic my blog

cheekyimp

Re: ipad/ phone knitting app

Postby cheekyimp » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

Been asked to repeat this here so I will :D

I'm working on a shawl right now that has two different patterns, both have different row counts, so they don't always match up. I'd like the app to keep count of both at the same time by being able to link the row counters together, so when I click one up, the other goes up at the same time. Would work for keeping track of decreases too in pattern.
Its hard to explain, but pattern a has 10rows, pattern b has 15, when I click off a row for 10, it also clicks off a row for 15. Pattern a resets after 10 rows, but pattern b keeps going for another 5. I def need the counters to work together, its so confusing!
For decreases in pattern, I want one row counter counting off my pattern row, but another counting rows between decreases, so I don't have to remember when to do one, I know to do one when the second row counter say x number, then resets its self on the next row.

I know its pony, but I'd def use that feature :smile:

ContinentalCat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ContinentalCat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

manda-r wrote:Mods I hope this is ok to post here.

OK with me, I just moved it to Knitting Gadgets, so it's easier to find when someone is looking for info on apps!

lehowell

Postby lehowell » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 am

I saw this thread and thought I'd have a look to see what's available for Android devices incase there was a niche in the market requiring me to start yet another project to do in my already non existent free time and make my millions ;)

Turns out there's a ravelry app ...... I ...... Must ....... Resist ........ :?
OTN: Burridge Lake Aran Afghan; crochet flower something; crochet booties for dd's dolly
Completed this year: crochet blankets for DS & DD; scarf for DS
In the queue: jumpers and slipper socks for dd & ds; socks for mum

Return to “Knitting Gadgets”