Gorgeous bags ... enabler alert LOL

Ball winders? Stitch Counters? Strange contraptions that look alien but allow you to knit four times as fast? Tell us about them all here.
DarkestKnits
Supporter

Re: Gorgeous bags ... enabler alert LOL

Postby DarkestKnits » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 pm

They are sooo horrible, next time Mum says "What would you like for your birthday next month..." guess what the answer may be :D

Loupyloo

Postby Loupyloo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Vile!

Anyone know what the quality of these is like? Do you think they'd withstand a bit of weight...?

I recently bought a really pretty bag from Accessorize to carry all my papers and books (I'm a student) and it cost me £40 and the handle broke in week 1. Rubbish. But I've never seen anything quite as nice elsewhere until Helen posted this link! The top stripy one looks like it could be perfect for carrying documents and books in......
I am Loupyloo on ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Loupyloo

Helenhfj
Supporter

Postby Helenhfj » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Very speedy service :shock: It isn't quite as bright as it looks on the website, but it is lovely and goes very well with my Travelling Woman shawl :smile:

1702 1699
Latest FOs: Oxford Circus Shawl; Simplest Sweater
Me on Rav ... Stashdown count: Used 0, bought 18. Running total = +18

Tricotine
Supporter

Postby Tricotine » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Good for you, Helen! What a lovely photo! :smile:
As it goes perfectly with your travelling woman, I agree that you are totally justified :lol:

I REALLY like the bright coloured, orangy ones too.....

Loupyloo

Postby Loupyloo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Ooohh it is lovely!! Spill then -is it well made do you think? So tempted to treat myself to one of these after next week's deadlines!

Helenhfj
Supporter

Postby Helenhfj » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Loupyloo wrote:Ooohh it is lovely!! Spill then -is it well made do you think? So tempted to treat myself to one of these after next week's deadlines!

It is a lovely bag and appears to be well made to me, though I'm not sure I'd recommend carrying books round in it! The bags aren't made of fabric, they are more a raffia type and the one I bought is quite rigid, so there's no stretch in it and it won't squash down to go into a cupboard. The lining is also raffia and I'm not sure how well that would stand up to repeated wear with a heavy load in it. I think the bigger ones are meant to be shopping bags/ beach bags and are unlined, but if you're carrying lots of books around, then I think any bag is going to suffer ... though the Accessorise ones are made to look good, rather than last in my opinion; I treated myself to a Tula fabric bag a few years ago and that didn't last more than one 'season' before the handle started to fray :( You may be better to go for something a bit more practical for college; wouldn't want you to buy one on my recommendation and be disappointed.
Latest FOs: Oxford Circus Shawl; Simplest Sweater
Me on Rav ... Stashdown count: Used 0, bought 18. Running total = +18

DarkestKnits
Supporter

Postby DarkestKnits » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 pm

It's perfect with your shawl! Very stylish!

christina-1

Postby christina-1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Some of them look ideal for carrying around your knitting...mmm shall I or shan't I, that is the question?

Ruby2007

Postby Ruby2007 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Your very very naughty, but Im glad you posted this, mothers day coming up and all that lol. :D

Loupyloo

Postby Loupyloo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks Helen!

Well...I normally carry more paper, notes and my packed lunch! (Bad student!) I might give one a go - they are so pretty. And even if not suitable I can use it for other stuff....I think I deserve it after all my hard work this term!

Return to “Knitting Gadgets”