Fish and Chip Babies

Know any good causes that needs crafters? Please post contact details and requirements here.
MrsT
Supporter

Re: Fish and Chip Babies

Postby MrsT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm

I've looked this up and printed the pattern out.
It really does look like a worthwhile project and after my recent trip to SA I feel I would like to help.
I will do some of these as a change from the bears for breat cancer I do.
MrsT
Knitting in the sun.

pat

Postby pat » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I currently have 300 fish & chip baby sets and no where to send them. The man who was sending them from my group to South Africa is no longer doing it. Help. Any ideas? I am in Buckden, Cambridgeshire.

manda-r

Postby manda-r » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 am

I have a friend who works on the book bus she is flying to Africa on Monday I will go and talk to her about setting something up if people would be interested.
Manda
Ravelry*projects
I am a recovering yarnaholic my blog

ContinentalCat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ContinentalCat » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am

Mod note:

Since we had two topics about this topic, I've merged the one in 'Current Projects' with this one and deleted double posts. Please post all your comments and queries about Fish and Chip Babies here.

manda-r

Postby manda-r » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks I posted on both incase the posters involved where only checking their own thread call it end of summer holiday dead brain I never thought to ask a mod to merge them.
Manda
Ravelry*projects
I am a recovering yarnaholic my blog

ContinentalCat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ContinentalCat » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes, if it's two topics, it is a good idea to post on both. To be honest, it took me a while to find out how to do it (work fried brain here), so I hope all went well and nobody is missing their post.

Susan Mckenzie

Postby Susan Mckenzie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:04 pm

I have started a Fish and Chip project in response to the desperate needs of these Mothers who need to be reminded of the simple fact that people care, and I want to widen the circle of compassion and see how many people I can get sympathetic to the cause who want to join in.
I am inviting other knitters/crocheters/sewists to join me and knit/crochet/sew at your own pace at home, work or wherever to make items to be donated. There are no pattern style restrictions except that they must be suitable for newborn babies. These little ones need booties, jerseys, mittens, hats and blankets and soft toys. If you want to make squares that we will join together, please make them 20cm x 20cm and make all your items in double knit wool. I would love it if you use every colour under the rainbow and not just white or pastels! My postal address is PO Box 786548, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2146, South Africa.

Return to “Charities”