This f...lippin' jumper

Anything knitting related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
inklehippy

This f...lippin' jumper

Postby inklehippy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Here's that jumper I was struggling with in the Techniques section a few weeks ago. Take a good look because it's about to be ripped back and re-started. The sleeves are just about down to my knees, you could drive a tank through that gaping neck, and the non-pattern bands lie like they're rolls of fat! This is the M/L size (I'm a size 10/12), so I'll be starting again with the L/XL size, missing out a pattern repeat on the arms, and making the yoke longer to try and get a tighter neck. I'm trying to see it as more of a learning experience than a total waste of time, but still... :censored:

Imagejumper by inklehippy, on Flickr

Imagestupid jumper by inklehippy, on Flickr

Imagegrrrr by inklehippy, on Flickr
((Formerly Gwenhwyfar :) ))

darknit

Re: This f...lippin' jumper

Postby darknit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm

It actually looks good apart from the neck. Can you undo the rib part of the neck and reknit it with a couple of sizes smaller needles? I'd also be inclined to double the number of rows and fold the neck over to the inside and catch it down. If you do that then you should make the cast off really loose to enable you to sew it down neatly. Should work. I can't see the "rolls" in your selfie and the sleeve length is fashionable nowadays.

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

I think that is a lovely jumper its so neat, I can see what you mean about the neck but I would try what darknit has suggested. As for the length of the arms I love them. :thumbup:

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:42 pm

I agree with darknit the body does look good.
If you can fix the neck, how about shortening the sleeves by ripping back from the cuff. If that's not practical you could cut off above the first snowflake band then pick up and re-knit the cuff.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

kaz

Postby kaz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:05 pm

The body looks great - I'd be devastated to rip that all back!
The neck could be altered as already discussed and that just leaves you to rip a few repeats from the top of the sleeves and voila!

Good luck
www.overthegate.co.uk
8 pairs of socks for 2011, 6 pairs for 2012, 2 pairs for 2013

Return to “Random Knitting Stuff”