Homemade sweets

Because we all need to eat sometime or another. Chocolate cake especially welcome.
saliha

Re: Homemade sweets

Postby saliha » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:53 pm

sweetpea wrote:STOP IT NOW :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil:

But but I still have many tasty recipes left... You don´t like sweets? :sadno:

Joy

Postby Joy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:32 pm

I've had to stop coming onto the forum because you're tempting me to abandon the knitting in favour of the kitchen, but sweetpea has been emailing me asking if I've seen all this temptation. Regrettably I don't have a fully stocked larder otherwise I'd be needing an appointment with the dentist by now.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

saliha

Postby saliha » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Ooops...

Sorry I didn´t realise that my posts might have such bad influence for regular knitting. Hopely you (and other members) can forgive me. Knitting should come first. :blush3:

But few more of those little temptations sometimes aren´t too bad, ok? :angel:

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:33 pm

saliha wrote:
sweetpea wrote:STOP IT NOW :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil:

But but I still have many tasty recipes left... You don´t like sweets? :sadno:

I LOVE sweets and biscults :drool: There are too many to choose from. Im only pulling your leg, please keep putting all of your lovely recipes on :thumbup: :thumbup:

saliha

Postby saliha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Ok... These ones I have made too. Easy and fast, simple ingredients.

Oatmeal-chocolate balls
(40–50)

100 g soft butter
1 dl (100 ml) sugar
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
4 dl (400 ml) oatmeals
3 tablespoon apple juice

Frosting
200 g milk chocolate

1. Froth butter and sugar lightly together. Mix cocoa powder, vanilla and oatmeal together. Add to butter-sugar with juice.

2. Shape little balls. Put them to fridge for 4 hours to over night.

3. Melt chocolate.

4.a) Roll balls by two teaspoons in chocolate and move them to baking paper. Let them be in fringe over night. Store them in cool place before serving.

4.b) You can also roll balls in coconut flakes. Do it immediately when you have shaped them as balls and put them to fridge after that.

Or you can decorate them also like:

Or use icing sugar, cocoa powder, crushed nuts, almond flakes...

Coated with chocolate:

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 pm

:drool: :drool: Yum yum and an extra yum :thumbup:

saliha

Postby saliha » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 pm

Simple Chocolate truffles

Chocolate truffles, beautifully wrapped in boxes, will put a smile on anyone's face :)

•280g good-quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
•284ml pot double cream
•50g unsalted butter
•extracts (optional)
•nuts, coconut etc. to coating (optional)

1.Chop the chocolate and tip into a large bowl. Put the cream and butter into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts and the cream reaches simmering point. Remove from heat, then pour over the chocolate. Stir the chocolate and cream together until you have a smooth mixture. Add any flavourings to the truffle mix at this stage (divide the mixture between bowls and mix in extracts or other flavourings, a tsp at a time, to taste. Like the peppermint extract or the zest and juice of an orange or leave plain. Cool and chill for at least 4 hrs.
2.To shape the truffles, dip a melon baller in hot water and scoop up balls of the mixture, then drop the truffles onto greaseproof paper. Or lightly coat your hands in flavourless oil (such as sunflower) and roll the truffles between your palms. You could also use a piping bag to pipe rounds onto greaseproof paper.
3.Coat your truffles immediately after shaping. Tip toppings into a bowl and gently roll the truffles until evenly coated, then chill on greaseproof paper. Try: crushed, shelled pistachio nuts; lightly toasted desiccated coconut; or roll a truffle flavoured with orange zest and juice in cocoa powder. To coat in chocolate, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Melt 100g milk, dark or white chocolate for 10 truffles. Allow chocolate to cool slightly. With a fork, pick up one truffle at a time and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate over the truffle until well-coated. Place on the baking tray, then chill.
4.Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight. To give as presents, place 8-10 truffles in individual foil or paper cases inside small, lined boxes tied with ribbon. Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to give them (or eat them).

Source: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1826 ... e-truffles

saliha

Postby saliha » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Triple Chocolate Party Balls

Serves: 20

Ingredients
•3 cups crushed shortbread cookies
•2 cups powdered sugar
•¼ cup corn syrup
•½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
•¾ cup chocolate chips or chocolate bar, finely chopped
•⅓ cup cocoa powder
•½ cup liqueur of choice (like coffee)
• melted chocolate for dipping

Instructions
1.Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix well until a “dough” forms.
2.Freeze dough for 30 minutes, or until hard enough to form balls. Break off small pieces and roll between your palms until you have lots of small truffle-sized balls. Re-freeze until ready to dip.
3.Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler. Dip each frozen ball in the chocolate. Set to dry on wax paper.

https://under500calories.com/recipe/9fa ... arty-balls

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am

:drool: :drool:

Return to “Recipes”