New photo problems Topic is solved

Something not working right? Need to know how to do something? This is the place!
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.

PLEASE NOTE:
Forum Support & Tutorials is exactly what it says - ask here for help with how the forum works, how to post photos or any other features of the actual site itself.

Please try the FAQ or search this forum first to see if someone else already asked the question and the answer might already be there.

Requests for help with your knitting should be posted in Technique Questions.
Joy

New photo problems

Postby Joy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi folks, I've been posting photos on this forum since the day it started but photo bucket and Flickr have changed aka "improved" and now I cannot post my photos any more. I've moved from using PC to an iPad
And I used to be able to do it all from iPad then last month I could only transfer photos from Flickr on my PC now I can't even do that. I'm "annoyed"
It seems I can't access the BBCode on either site. Why does life seem to get more complicated sometimes all this technology is supposed to make life easier.
Any suggestions anyone?
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

Helen
Supporter

Re: New photo problems

Postby Helen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:13 pm

I have struggled to upload onto Phoenix as files are too big with my iPad. I tried photobucket and couldn't fathom. So I have resorted to using my pc and directly uploading photos from 'my pictures' folder and for some reason Phoenix is happy to resize them and post.

Technology is sent to try us!

Joy

Postby Joy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:47 am

Yeah thankyou Helen for your encouragement. I have realised that I can put a photo from my iPad into my gallery pages and from there I can use the link to add a photo to a post. No need for photo bucket or Flickr.
joyo on ravelry

Helen
Supporter

Postby Helen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:06 am

Good news..out of interest where are your gallery pages on your iPad?!

Joy

Postby Joy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:53 am

The gallery is here on Phoenix, top left row of choices
You'll see users personal album click to open
Click on image upload
You'll see a box to enter file name (which can be the name of your project, it'll be different for every photo you upload, my hat one was.... Hat)
A description box, I usually leave that blank
Then the bit you really need that says choose file that opens your iPad options ie take photo or photo library.
Tick the one you want and press on submit. Then that photo is in your album which any member can look at.

But you don't want to leave it there, to add photos to a forum post you have 2 choices if you copy and past BBCode you'll get a little piccie like this one

Or if you choose to copy and paste Image -ulr you'll get a full size picture however you do need to add
[i m g ][/i m g] (but without the spaces ) around that bit of code

Does that make sense?
joyo on ravelry

Amethyst

Postby Amethyst » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:10 pm

I tried to use photobucket when I first joined the forum but it did not work for me so since then I have just attached the photo to the forum post. Is this ok or should I be doing something different?

Peter
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: New photo problems  Topic is solved

Postby Peter » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Using attachments work, but using the Gallery is better.

For attachments, there is a global limit, so eventually there will no longer be any space (it's the same "pot" for all users) and attachments either stop working or the oldest ones start getting deleted.

For the Gallery - each user has their own limits and anyone who has at any point donated towards the running costs (no matter how small the contribution) receives an unlimited amount of space.

There are a few tutorials on how to use the Gallery, and embedding images into your posts is very easy. We also have a friendly community willing to lend a hand to get things to work.

Hope that helps!
ManaPool - PC Game News, Reviews, Guides and More.

Return to “Forum Support & Tutorials”