R.I. P Tiny budgie

For all our furry friends and ad-hoc knitting models.
Billie

R.I. P Tiny budgie

Postby Billie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:06 am

HI All

My beloved budgie Tiny passed away last Tuesday. I've been in pieces as he wasz very special and close to my heart as he was so tame. By the end he had gone very cuddly on me and you may remember the picture of him snuggled up in my cowl.

I've been in pieces since he passed but yesterday it was made worse by the fact that the cat from the house that backs onto us dug up where we burried Tiny and covered his grave in its toilet! :evil: !!! I was devistated as now its going to be a cat magnet!! We had put rocks over where we burried him but moggie moved them and did it anyway. We have now removed the offending items and covered the whole grave in heavier stones and stinky crystals cat repellent. Moggie obviously came back and showed his annoyance at the smell by throwing up by our back door! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So upset, I was sad enough before but this has just made it so much worse. I do wish people wouldn't inflict their cats on others. I don't want a cat and I don't want to clean up after theirs.

Sorry I'm sure lots of you love cats but I'm so very upset but it all. I prey they keep away from his grave from now on.

Billie :(
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

ContinentalCat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: R.I. P Tiny budgie

Postby ContinentalCat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

So sorry to hear about Tiny, that must be quite a shock. :hug:

And yes, of course you're upset about that cat, who wouldn't be? Some cats hate the feel of something coarse under their paws, so sometimes a bit of coffee grinds in the garden might help to keep them away.

Dominey

Postby Dominey » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 pm

We have slate covering our borders and the cats don't try digging that up - we also have some bare ground for them to use (behind the shed etc). My nan puts citrus peel or teabags with drops of eucalyptus oil to deter cats digging in her garden, but that's not going to look particularly attractive on a grave.

Personally I think its unfair to keep cats indoors and whilst they have a litter tray they also use the 'outdoor' facilities. The best you can do is make Tilly's spot unattractive to local mogs http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/pro ... px?pid=486

christina-1

Postby christina-1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 pm

So sad to hear the cats have been digging around and pooing on Tiny's grave. I hope you manage to find something useful to deter them once and for all. This reminds me of a kitten I bought from a pet shop, apparently it was far too young to leave it's mum and the kitten food I was feeding it didn't do it's little tummy any good. Took to vets but too late. We buried her, wrapped in a granny square blanket that she slept on. A week later when I got out of bed I noticed that the granny blanket had been pulled from the earth. It was either a fox or a dog which had dug her up. She was nowhere to be found, just the blanket. It made me so cross as I thought I had dug a deep enough hole. Just thought I would mention that.

kaz

Postby kaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:18 pm

RIP Tiny :(
www.overthegate.co.uk
8 pairs of socks for 2011, 6 pairs for 2012, 2 pairs for 2013

Billie

Postby Billie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:24 pm

christina-1 wrote:So sad to hear the cats have been digging around and pooing on Tiny's grave. I hope you manage to find something useful to deter them once and for all. This reminds me of a kitten I bought from a pet shop, apparently it was far too young to leave it's mum and the kitten food I was feeding it didn't do it's little tummy any good. Took to vets but too late. We buried her, wrapped in a granny square blanket that she slept on. A week later when I got out of bed I noticed that the granny blanket had been pulled from the earth. It was either a fox or a dog which had dug her up. She was nowhere to be found, just the blanket. It made me so cross as I thought I had dug a deep enough hole. Just thought I would mention that.

A fox dug up my late canary in the last house I lived in, that was from under a slab too. I was mowing the lawn and noticed what I thought was fluff from a plant we had, but it was all the canary feathers, like you never found the body.
Billie's Craft Room

Billie

Postby Billie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks for your kind words. It was a terrible shock on top of the loss of Tiny himself.

I didn't dare post yesterday, I'd have turned the air blue and had the post taken off by mods. :roll:

Thanks for your support and appologies for a bit of a rant. Its all too raw just now.

His place is now covered in a ceramic pot with gravel in, sections of bits of slab and gravel. The cat repellant crystals smell like rotting onions and seem to be putting them off. We had hoped it was a sheltered enough spot under the bamboo.

Thank you all :hug:

Billie xx
Billie's Craft Room

Billie

Postby Billie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Dominey wrote:We have slate covering our borders and the cats don't try digging that up - we also have some bare ground for them to use (behind the shed etc). My nan puts citrus peel or teabags with drops of eucalyptus oil to deter cats digging in her garden, but that's not going to look particularly attractive on a grave.

Personally I think its unfair to keep cats indoors and whilst they have a litter tray they also use the 'outdoor' facilities. The best you can do is make Tilly's spot unattractive to local mogs http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/pro ... px?pid=486

Thanks for the link, some useful advice there. I'll go with keeping the ground wet, its easily achievable as its a sheltered spot. Has the eucalyptus oil been effective for your nan? I could put some on a tea bag hidden in a tealight holder with pebbles over the teabag, the smell should waft out without being so obvious.

We already use a sonic deterant if we see a cat 'at it' but there are so many in the area, I think they outnumber the people!
Billie's Craft Room

lilyzoo

Postby lilyzoo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:56 pm

i have nothing to say.. rip

Billie

Postby Billie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:04 pm

It still continues and its heartbreaking I can't stop it. Have tried a covering of bamboo leaves so no obvious bare earth. Orange peel and stinky crystals.

You are all so wonderful, thank you for your kind words, I'm struggling to cope with this and know just how poor Jow feels too. :hug:
Billie's Craft Room

Return to “Pets' Corner”