Knit & Stitch

What mags are must haves? Have you been inspired by a particular article? Post your rants and raves about magazines here.
Billie

Knit & Stitch

Postby Billie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 pm

HI All

Its that time of year again, when those magazine that will teach you everything you ever need know in just 500 issues (teehee) That said I tend to buy the first few until the prices get silly.

The latest in this range is called Knit & Stich and is said to cover knitting and crochet. With the first issue just 99p and some crochet tips thrown in, I'm going to treat myself to this one ;)

I'll let you know how it goes, if there are any of them left in the shops.
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

Aisles

Re: Knit & Stitch

Postby Aisles » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm

I thought for 99p I might just buy it for the yarn that come's with it, but I'll have a good look at the yarn first.

Polly

Postby Polly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 pm

I got it as well for 99p, you can't leave it in the shop! The needles alone are worth over a quid. This was despite warnings from DH that I was forbidden to get it! :lol:

Billie

Postby Billie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Polly wrote:I got it as well for 99p, you can't leave it in the shop! The needles alone are worth over a quid. This was despite warnings from DH that I was forbidden to get it! :lol:

Saw it on the ads and it looked worth a nosy for the 99p Check out the link I put in, there is a preview of the whole mag on there.

If you have it already is that purple shawl on this weeks issue and is it knitting or crochet?
Billie's Craft Room

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 pm

I've just seen the advert for the next issuse at the price of £2.50

milly39

Postby milly39 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

I bought the first issue, I love knitting blankets and I like the one featured on the cover. I couldn't wait for all the issues though and it would cost a fortune but it inspired me to invest in a book, 200 knitted blocks by Jan Eaton. Ordered on Amazon last week but I didn't notice the estimated delivery dates were Saturday 19 Jan 2013 - Saturday 9 Feb 2013 so I'm still waiting :(

Billie

Postby Billie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

DH was a star and came back last night with issues 1 & 2! The DVD was great and issue 2 came with a crochet hook so for the princly sum of 3.49 I can get going with some crochet and have some random yarn to try it with :)

I liked the shawl pattern in issue 1 and the poncho (beyond my skills, but nice) in issue 2. Beyond my price range at £4.50 per week and its 80 issues too! I've got my eye on a few crochet books so fingers crossed this will get me going. A nice way to cheer up a long dark winter :)

I was going to get Wendy Pooles crochet DVD but it was sold out when I went to buy it, might still get it for more detailed info but this will do me nicely for now and there are lots of crochet books in the librarys now too. If you want to find out if your library has a book in stock, go to your local gov website and there are links to librarys, from there you can search for titles/authors and subjects. I was able to find a lot of books from my Amazon wishlist are available in the county, worth a little fee to have them sent to my local library rather than buy it from Amazon only to find I don't like a title. Worked out lastnight how to get it to show just books from my nearest library so thats even better. Its all this barcody stuff they put in books now, the puters know where the books are so you don't have to leave home only to find its not there. You can also reserve and collect from online too :) Handy huh :)

Happy knitting/crochet

Billie :)
Billie's Craft Room

five in hand
Supporter

Postby five in hand » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Issue 3 and beyond are £4.50 :o
OTN

LynneB

Postby LynneB » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:32 pm

milly39 wrote:I bought the first issue, I love knitting blankets and I like the one featured on the cover. I couldn't wait for all the issues though and it would cost a fortune but it inspired me to invest in a book, 200 knitted blocks by Jan Eaton. Ordered on Amazon last week but I didn't notice the estimated delivery dates were Saturday 19 Jan 2013 - Saturday 9 Feb 2013 so I'm still waiting :(

Great investment! I've got the crochet blocks book and I bought my friend the knitted blocks one. They are such good books. So many ideas and the patterns are easy to follow.
Lynne x
http://www.ravelry.com/people/LynneBee - I'm on Ravelry too.

Polly

Postby Polly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm

five in hand wrote:Issue 3 and beyond are £4.50 :o

I think I'd rather spend that on yarn! :|

Return to “Knitting Magazines”