Help Need help finding a magazine,

What mags are must haves? Have you been inspired by a particular article? Post your rants and raves about magazines here.
Swampiesue

Help Need help finding a magazine,

Postby Swampiesue » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi again, I have seen a jumper on the TV in a magazine but I can't find which Magazine it was. I have fallen in love with this jumper and really want to have a go at knitting it despite not having knitted for a few years..

The magazine was £2.50. The jumper is a cable jumper in cream or beige but it flared out and was quite long in the hips, covering you belly and probably most of you bottom.. The magazine is being advertised on the TV at the moment, but I am not sure of the name, or if the one advertised will be the one that is presently on sale. I am desperate to have a go at it, despite it being quite a difficult jumper to do, however I have been looking for one just like it for ages..

PLEASE can any of you ladies help me :pullhair:

pinkshoes
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help Need help finding a magazine,

Postby pinkshoes » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Is this it Knit & Stitch It's the only one I've seen advertised recently, and issue two has a jumper like you've described. There's a discussion about the mag in another thread.
I have heard of housework, but I definitely don't like the sound of it
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/midhow
http://pinkshoesknits.wordpress.com/

Swampiesue

Postby Swampiesue » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Pinkshoes, I have just seen the thread thank you.. the only thing is, I clicked on a link, and have found out it is not a jumper at all but a poncho :oops: How disappointing, I will however get the magazine and maybe give it a go...oh how I wish I was clever enough to turn it into a jumper, it's perfect even down to the bell sleeves ( had they been sleeves of course)....... :(

Billie

Postby Billie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:49 pm

I was just about to suggest the same thing. I have said mag and it looks wonderful, but beyond my current skills.

Have you tried having a look on Ravelry, they have lots of free patterns and you can search by needle size yarn type etc to narrow down the results.

Also some of the yarn manufacturers websites have free patterns, sometimes jumpers as it would require you to buy LOADS of yarn to complete ;) Check out the link in my signaure, on the yarn tab under suppliers I link to most well know brands.
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

Swampiesue

Postby Swampiesue » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Beyond my skills too, but did do cable many years ago, and If I start it and get stuck, my Mum may finish it for me :lol: but I would love to give it a go even if it takes a couple of years to do :smile: Thanks for the tips Billie I will go take a look now x

May I ask, is the whole pattern in there, I don't want to have to pay for several magazines for just one pattern?

Billie

Postby Billie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Yep, the complete poncho pattern is in Issue 2 of Knit & Stitch magazine. The actual project patterns seem to be complete in each issue its the patchwork throw/blanket that is an ongoing project with a different pattern and associated yarn that comes for it each time. The poncho is in the fasion makes section.
Billie's Craft Room

Swampiesue

Postby Swampiesue » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks Billie, I will try and get it on Monday from one of the big supermarkets or big news agents. :smile:

Billie

Postby Billie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 pm

If you still wanted a cable style jumper but not a poncho. Just found a pattern that's sort of a jumper but very loose, thought of you. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mahonia

How did you get on, did you get the magazine you wanted in the end? I'm about to loose the rest of the afternoon drooling over capelets on Rav!

I saw a ponco I loved but was WAY beyon my skills. The when searching for some yarn on Deramores I saw a pattern for a mini version, so I headed over to Rav and as ever OMG so many beautiful designs. Gimme a shout at 5.30 so I don't forget to make tea!!!

I could be a while. MUST make something other than slippers hehehe.
Billie's Craft Room

divadoll_1

Postby divadoll_1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 am

Billie that is still a poncho...just with no sleeves at all and just slits. It will be a lot easier to knit than a jumper to be honest so if you can master cabling both of the patterns will be a doddle...no shaping, or very little. For cable beginners trying to incorporate shaping at the sides of sleeves can be a major headache

KnittyNorah

Postby KnittyNorah » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

Swampiesue wrote:Hi again, I have seen a jumper on the TV in a magazine but I can't find which Magazine it was. I have fallen in love with this jumper and really want to have a go at knitting it despite not having knitted for a few years..

The magazine was £2.50. The jumper is a cable jumper in cream or beige but it flared out and was quite long in the hips, covering you belly and probably most of you bottom.. The magazine is being advertised on the TV at the moment, but I am not sure of the name, or if the one advertised will be the one that is presently on sale. I am desperate to have a go at it, despite it being quite a difficult jumper to do, however I have been looking for one just like it for ages..

PLEASE can any of you ladies help me :pullhair:

A bit late but if it's the cabled curved poncho thing with ribbed sleeves covering the forearms, it's a Bergere de France pattern and you can buy it from several on-line companies.

Return to “Knitting Magazines”