Yours views please

Just knitted a pattern you are itching to share? Give us your recommendations here.
sweetpea

Yours views please

Postby sweetpea » Sun May 04, 2014 7:45 pm

I hope I have put this in the right topic :smile: I would like your views on the 3 patterns below if you don't mind, I would like to do 1 of the 3 but in not sure which one/s would be best for me to knit :smile:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181236880281? ... 26_rdc%3D1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221421415939? ... 26_rdc%3D1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370644459276? ... 26_rdc%3D1

Thank you :hug: :D

Sunhat lady

Re: Yours views please

Postby Sunhat lady » Sun May 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Sweetpea - if you look here knitting-gallery/topic14381.html the 2nd garment down is the last knitting pattern on your list. It's a difficult pattern as you have to work out where the pattern falls on nearly every row, once the pattern has been set. The first pattern looks the easiest,and doesn't seem to have much shaping but moss stitch is quite slow growing. Have you done cable before? The 2nd one doesn't seem to have much shaping either, so if you're happy with cable, then the choice is yours. As I said, the 3rd one is by far the most difficult

Joy

Postby Joy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I've just some time browsing these patterns.

Lots of people find a whole garment in moss stitch tedious and and a bit frustrating cause its easy to get out of sync, so that rules out pattern 1
Pattern 2 looks the easiest but I'd listen to what SunHat says about the how it's set out. Actually I think it looks a bit baggy and I reckon it just wouldn't look smart for all the effort you,d be putting in. This could be the most straight forward pattern for you.
Pattern 3 looks stunning. It would be a challenge. There are plenty of people who have made this on Ravelry which could help you.
Personally I be using the Ravelry database so you can see how the pattern is written,nWhether or not it makes sense to you and hopefully comments and photos from other people who've made it.
I love the look of moss stitch but personally couldn't make a whole garment out of it.
And I like challenges so I'd choose number 3. Your nieces cardigan looked beautifully made so I've every confidence you've got the ability to make it, but have you? It will need a fair amount of concentration. Cables are fun and not difficult.
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks ladies,
Your opinions are much appreciated, I do love pattern 3 but I think that I would be biting off more than I could handle at the moment so I think I will leave that for the moment :( . Ive not done cable YET but I will start to learn it :|. I do like doing moss-stitch :o, so what I might do is get the cable and the moss stich pattern :idea:

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun May 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks ladies,
Your opinions are much appreciated, I do love pattern 3 but I think that I would be biting off more than I could handle at the moment so I think I will leave that for the moment :( . Ive not done cable YET but I will start to learn it :|. I do like doing moss-stitch :o, so what I might do is get the cable and the moss stich pattern :idea:.

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Sun May 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Out of the 3, I think that's the one I'd have recommended for you, if I'd been pushed to decide. There'll be plenty of help available here if you start struggling

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Mon May 05, 2014 12:00 am

Ive just been looking at the yarn to use and it says Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, I see it has 55% merino wool has anyone used this wool? :smile: Forgot to say that I have just brought the one that's done in moss-stitch :smile:

Joy

Postby Joy » Mon May 05, 2014 5:38 am

I have made a hat as a gift, beautifully soft, a dream to knit with but not to pay for, quite expensive cause you'll need a lot
joyo on ravelry
2015 OTN-5 projects FO-12 metres used-lost count

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Mon May 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Yes ive just found out the price, the cheapest I could get it for was £3.85 a ball, so it would cost £61.60 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Pattern Review”