Hello Kitty hat and mitts

Have you got any great patterns for Christmas presents? Quick Mother's Day gifts or birthday treats? Or are you looking for inspiration?
Flowerfairy

Hello Kitty hat and mitts

Postby Flowerfairy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, I'm very pleased with myself! I bought DD2 a hat and mitts from a shop to go in her Christmas stocking this morning with Hello Kitty on them because she's very taken with Hello Kitty at the moment and I thought it might encourage her to wear them. But at £6.99 for the hat and £3.99 for the mitts, I did think they might be a bit expensive for her to wear once and then not like any more - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility. So I've just found some small Hello Kitty applique patches on Ebay and I'm going to knit her a hat and mitts myself from stash yarn - the patches are being sent over from America but they still only cost me £3.90 which is cheaper than the mitts on their own! Of course, now I have to find time to knit the things, but even if I have to stay up until midnight on Christmas Eve, DD2 will be having Hello Kitty mitts for Christmas! :lol:
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

Triknitter

Re: Hello Kitty hat and mitts

Postby Triknitter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Aw what a great idea! She'll be so pleased. What a fun way to save money :)

Purplegem
Supporter

Postby Purplegem » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Smart thinking there - hope you do manage to find enough :knit: time :smile:

Flowerfairy

Postby Flowerfairy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:36 am

Well, she's only 3 so I suppose it won't matter so much if Father Christmas leaves a late parcel! Anyway, I'm getting good at putting myself under pressure - I decided it would be a good idea to finish a pair of Christmas socks for my DH to give to him as lucky socks for an interview - on Monday! - and I've still got a cardigan to finish as a gift for a baby we're visiting over the holidays. And then there's the packing, the washing, the ironing, the cleaning, not to mention clearing up ten tonnes of leaves that have fallen in the garden ... mitts for Christmas? Piece of cake! :lol:
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

Return to “Gift Knits”