Face Cloths.

Have you got any great patterns for Christmas presents? Quick Mother's Day gifts or birthday treats? Or are you looking for inspiration?
scotgirl

Re: Face Cloths.

Postby scotgirl » Fri May 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I knitted my aunt a face cloth with cotton from the pound shop - but she thought it was too nice to use and keeps it with a fancy bar of soap on top in her bathroom :smile:
They are great for last minute gifts.

Flowerfairy

Postby Flowerfairy » Fri May 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm using them to make blanket squares at the moment; I'm using aran so they're coming out at about 25cm square which is making the blanket grow quickly! It's for my husband so I've been picking patterns that mean something - a bit like a Pandora bracelet in a blanket! :lol:
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

Tricotine
Supporter

Postby Tricotine » Sat May 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Flowerfairy wrote: It's for my husband so I've been picking patterns that mean something - a bit like a Pandora bracelet in a blanket! :lol:

What a great idea, Flowerfairy!

Guzzi wrote:It gets harder and harder for me to keep myself on one project at the time :lol:
Specially when this kind of quick projects seem like so much fun to make :knit:

I know excactly what you mean, Guzzi.

My BIL and SIL came to stay with us for 8 days and really like our knitting dishcloths. I had a spare ball of cotton and gave it to my SIL to take back with her, as she was looking forward for knit some for herself .

A few years back, we had a dishcloth swap. We just sent one dishcloth and a small present. I received a lovely blue one from Purplegem and a posh soap. I always think of her when I use her cloth :smile:

Susie cue 2

Postby Susie cue 2 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:58 pm

sorry ladies but i still like my toweling ones that we have in the UK nice to match flannel & towel

Flowerfairy

Postby Flowerfairy » Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Tricotine wrote:A few years back, we had a dishcloth swap. We just sent one dishcloth and a small present. I received a lovely blue one from Purplegem and a posh soap. I always think of her when I use her cloth :smile:

I remember that swap! I got some lovely cloths from Joy along with some other treats. I'd definitely like to get involved in a swap again when I have more time!
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

Deakin1815

Postby Deakin1815 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:05 am

Guzzi wrote:It gets harder and harder for me to keep myself on one project at the time :lol:
Specially when this kind of quick projects seem like so much fun to make :knit:

I totally agree with that, I do wish you wouldn't talk of things like this, I'm supposed to be on cold sheep, and I've got so many other things to knit as well, but its sooo tempting to knit something bright after all the black I've been knitting lately :lol:

Return to “Gift Knits”