Project a month 2015 .....Jaunty January

Is there a pattern that you just cannot do alone? Start a knitalong! Looking for inspiration? Join a knitalong!
Joy

Re: Project a month 2015 .....Jaunty January

Postby Joy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm

image by cjoy132, on Flickr

Here's my first offering of the month,snow-day socks they're crocheted which was a new adventure for me.

But here's what I really want to shout about, my first skein of hand spun made on the ashford Joy that I bought second hand the week before Christmas. I've been spindle spinning for a few months so I knew some of what I was aiming for but I used some choice language trying to get the wheel turn in the right direction. The poor yarn will probably be felted by the time it gets knitted up if I don't stop stroking it. I had to choose this fibre to work with because its called cherrypie, (which used to be forum name here until I became Joy) details on Ravelry here

image by cjoy132, on Flickr

Helen
Supporter

Postby Helen » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Gorgeous red colour Joy, and wow crochet socks! :smile:
All very lovely projects from everyone to brighten up the new year. :smile:

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:49 am

so two new adventures this month. Lovely bright socks! What sort of ply is your spun yarn Joy and have you any idea what it'll be used for yet?

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:10 am

It's plyed twice SunHat, and has come out looking like a somewhere between a DK and Aran weight. I haven't read up thoroughly how to do wraps per inch yet or whatever it is spinners do to gauge their yarn. I've calculated that there's about 160-200 m. Both sadly and joyfully I won't be knitting anything with this skein the fibre was a gift to my daughter because she loves red. But she does amazing things with sticks so she'll knit something nice with it.

Rainey

Postby Rainey » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Wow! There are some fabulous things already! I haven't finished anything yet this month apart from squares - yes, I'm still making blankets! I am in the process of crocheting one together, but it has been abandoned for a few weeks now!

I must pull my finger out!

divadoll_1

Postby divadoll_1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Well I got bored with this pattern and decided that although I had made it a bit longer than initially expected it would only be a lightweight shawlette. I was using some laceweight merino held double and should have been DK or heavier to get what I really wanted so will go stash diving as I could muck up this pattern again.

[url]=http://s20.photobucket.com/user/divadoll_1/media/Croeso_zpscaf59383.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Being black it was a nightmare knit in these dark nights and murder without glasses AND a task light. The photo doesnt show the cabling that runs down the middle and splits to three then becomes numerous at the leading edge.

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:33 am

Looks very delicate. I can see the cables!

Rainey

Postby Rainey » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:22 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (142.64 KiB) Viewed 785 times

I keep loosing one mitten, so last night I whipped up these chunky mitts. They are not the best looking mittens I have made by a long chalk, but they are lovely and warm for dog walking and I was very grateful for them in this mornings snow flurry!

divadoll_1

Postby divadoll_1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Only half way through the month and we have a good starting number of those ready to go.

Come on ladies! Post your finished items here and join the race to Dec 2015 for finishing a project a month

Helen
Supporter

Postby Helen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:49 pm

dd think you missed five in hand from your 2015 list...

Is your shawl keeping you warm at work now? You were very brave to attempt black with this poor light, I have had to invest in a special daylight lamp, wouldn't be without it now! :smile:

Return to “Knitalongs”