Its me I'm back

Tell us about yourself, where you are from, what you like to do and anything you might like to share as a newcomer to our forum
Forum rules
READ: Forum-Wide Rules.
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
Aisles

Its me I'm back

Postby Aisles » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi everyone I've been away for quite a while many things have happened.

The biggie one was 2017 1st April Adoptive Daughter died in her sleep. She had be growing worse for the past 4 years.

I've in the process of redoing her room which before she came to us was my sewing room. I'm about to take the wall paper off and repaint it.

I've kept up with my knitting and crochet. In fact I'm using up ends of yarn at the moment to create a knitted mitre corner blanket.

Garrett the dog is getting older he's now 8years old and has had 3 trips of late to the vets due to accidents. First he slipped and smashed his big staffie head onto a brick breaking a teeth that had to be extracted. Then while out walking he stepped into what we thought was just water on the pavement but turned out to be something far more dangerous. He ended up with chemical burns to his front paws which resulted in the skin being burnt away. He was in dreadful pain so very strong pain killers, paw wash bangages, and meds to stop any possible infection.
We hoped that would be the end of vets bills for a while when he managed to cut a back paw while running around on the common. He's fine now bless him and things have settled down.

I'm studying for my professional qualifications as a Counsellor. I'm a volunteer for a Counselling charity work as their receptionist and administrator. So have to deal with Counsellors and clients.

I've another 3 years at college and placements so lots of study and papers to write.

I hope everyone is doing well.

darknit

Re: Its me I'm back

Postby darknit » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Aisles and big warm welcome back

So sorry to hear about your daughter - what a truly wrenching thing to happen, even if you may have been half expecting it.

You are brave to take on councillor qualifications but the studying will surely keep the brain ticking over nicely. I think I will stick with novels, knitting and sudoku!

Thanks for your kind words on my knitting too!

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi Aisles and welcome back,

Im so sorry to hear of your sad news :hug: :hug: . Poor Garrett hope that his paws are better, I too have a staffie as well and they give you lots of love. One of our old staffies went in to have 2 teeth out and when we picked her up she had had 6 out :-o

Aisles

Postby Aisles » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 am

Staffies are totally mad but full of love. My Garrett is a long legged variety so look more like the original staffie. I've seen some staffies now with such short legs it's affecting their chests and making it hard for the to breath.

Garrett has a wee bit of Rottweiler in him due to his daddy being a rescue who appeared much younger than he really was and was a staffie/rottie cross. Garrett mum was a full staffie. My friends who recused his father decided to keep him after they had him check wit the vet. Two days before they took him back for his check up and snip at the vet they realized he'd managed to get their staffie with pups. Garrett was one of those pups.

He's a big softie who runs from deer, sheep, foxes and cats. He's very submissive towards other dogs as he's been bitten a few times so he's learnt if another dog tells him off you either run away or lie down in submission and wait for mummy and daddy to rescue you. Then he doesn't get bitten.

I do miss adopted daughter but I know she's at peace now no more pain. I have her little patchwork quilt she made when I taught her to use my hand sewing machine she didn't like the electric machine. She did a great job for a first attempt.

I also have her first crochet granny square she made after I taught her to crochet.

PhoenixBingham

Postby PhoenixBingham » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi...I remember you from Knitting Paradise....their site seems to be down and someone suggested this site that you are on. :)

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Aisles, welcome back! So sorry to hear about your daughter and also all the suffering your Staffie has been going through. I didn’t realize there was a long-legged version. Good for you clearing out your daughter’s bedroom - that can’t have been easy - and starting on counselling studies.

Phoenixbingham, I am also in Knitting Paradise - also Knitting Gill there as here. I checked it out earlier and it appeared to be ok as I was able to get in ok. Welcome to here as well!

I am not doing much knitting since the arrival of our Siberian Husky pup, Yuki.

Gill

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Ive not heard of Knitting Paradise

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm

http://www.knittingparadise.com/

It's quite a big, active forum, with people from all over the world on it.

Gill

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Sun May 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks for that

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 am

You’re welcome. Maybe see you there?

Gill

Return to “Introduce yourself”