Patterns using cotton yarn

Looking for a pattern? Let us help
mauramac

Patterns using cotton yarn

Postby mauramac » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi everyone
I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction for a knitting pattern for a baby cardi or jacket using cotton yarn.
I searched my normal port of call - Ravelry - and it only produced 3 patterns. Well, 3 free ones anyway. I want to get cracking on it tonight if possible so a free one would be good.

I have 4 x 50g balls of pink and 4 x 50g balls of white and I'm looking for something really pretty for a baby girl who is due at the end of the month.....hence the rush!

The yarn band suggests size needles 3mm - 4mm.

Alternatively could I use a pattern for a similar weight yarn? I'm not too knowledeable at working what other type of yarn would be suitable so any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thank for your help (as always!!)

Maura x

Apollonia

Re: Patterns using cotton yarn

Postby Apollonia » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Search on Ravelry by the yarn rather than by pattern. If you look at the patterns then they will be listed by their recommended yarns and baby things tend to be acrylics for easy care reasons.

Find your yarn first and then look at the projects other people made with it. If it's a baby yarn you should get many more results.

I hope that helps.

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:35 pm

That's a good idea.

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 pm

mauramac - using those needles would suggest that any DK pattern would be suitable not just a coton pattern

mauramac

Postby mauramac » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks I will have another try - must admit I sometimes put too many filters in my searches on Ravelry and end up getting frustrated when only a few results appear.
I have changed tack a bit and now looking for a pretty little baby dress for the Summer months as I think Cotton yarn will be perfect for that - lets hope weather improves!

I was wondering if DK patterns would work SL so will look at those as well and do a test swatch :smile:

Thanks for responding and for advice.

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:22 pm

I've made several cotton cardigans using an ordinary DK pattern and all have been fine.

mauramac

Postby mauramac » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Thats good to know - I'm hopeless at getting the gauge correct tho, I end up getting really cross and just going for it.
I've found 2 really lovely dress patterns and would love to have a go at this one
http://knittingfever.com/viking/pattern/1006-4/
but I'm a little concerned at some of the instructions which sound a bit complex.

Or this one:
http://dianne-jones.blogspot.co.uk/2011 ... dress.html

I'll try the white one first and let you know how it goes....fingers crossed.

Sunhat lady

Postby Sunhat lady » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Both are sweet

Return to “Pattern Requests”