ISO: Intarsia bobbins - SORTED

Ball winders? Stitch Counters? Strange contraptions that look alien but allow you to knit four times as fast? Tell us about them all here.
Fluzz

ISO: Intarsia bobbins - SORTED

Postby Fluzz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks to Phantomknitter I'm sorted now, thank you! :D

As I am now unemployed I'm trying to limit my spending so I thought I'd ask here first, does anyone have an of those plastic bobbins that come on knitting mags or perhaps you bought and don't use that I could have?

To be really cheeky, can I have them for just the cost of postage (I can pay by paypal or post you a cheque)? :oops:

I bought myself a chart holder last month (before I quit) and have discovered the joy of intarsia but my card bobbins are poor and I keep getting in a tangle! I'd much prefer some proper bobbins.
Last edited by Fluzz on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My knitting blog / Me on Ravelry
Pet to human ratio in our house: 6:1

Blackdog

Re: ISO: Intarsia bobbins

Postby Blackdog » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:00 pm

If you can't get 'proper' bobbins or can't afford them & the card ones aren't standing up to use, then have you tried making them out of cut up plastic milk cartons, stick 2 pieces together for extra strength.

TBH I don't bother with bobbins, if I have a small amount of yarn to use I just roll into small balls.
Angela
Well behaved women never make history
My blog

phantomknitter

Re: ISO: Intarsia bobbins

Postby phantomknitter » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm

I have a packet I never opened (because I do fair isle and also, as blackdog suggests, just use little balls / 'butterflies') so if they are going to make you a happy knitter, just PM me your address and they're yours. Postage is on me, don't worry. :smile:
BLUEBLUEBLUEBLUEBLUEFANTOMKNITTERBLUEBLUEBLUEBLUEBLUE

CezzaW

Re: ISO: Intarsia bobbins - SORTED

Postby CezzaW » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 pm

I didn't know people used bobbins for knitting purposes!

Return to “Knitting Gadgets”