Mannequin / bodyform

Ball winders? Stitch Counters? Strange contraptions that look alien but allow you to knit four times as fast? Tell us about them all here.
phantomknitter

Mannequin / bodyform

Postby phantomknitter » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I made a little (?!) discovery yesterday while cycling to the station. I pass the town market square on the way, and someone was selling a mannequin in what I suspected was my size and at under a tenner I could not pass it up. It is just a solid shape so not adjustable but it will still be nice for photos of shawls, useful for hanging garments from to check fit and drape, etc. Having measured it this morning it made me smile to know my guesses were exactly right: for the chest it is a precise match to mine, whereas it is a lot curvier than me: it has a tiny waist and much larger hips than mine. All I need now is a corset to make those areas match hers! :lol:
BLUEBLUEBLUEBLUEBLUEFANTOMKNITTERBLUEBLUEBLUEBLUEBLUE

pinkshoes

Re: Mannequin / bodyform

Postby pinkshoes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Ooooh how fabulous PK ... you must be grinning like mad every time you think about it - I would be :mrgreen: As to making adjustments, we all know skinny-minnie models are probably not healthy ;) so rather than guzzling yourself how about feeding her up a bit? If you wanted to use her for sizing a sweater, or modelling such, maybe a bit of padding round the middle would work? Anyway, well done on a brilliant find :D
I have heard of housework, but I definitely don't like the sound of it
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/midhow
http://pinkshoesknits.wordpress.com/

ContinentalCat

Re: Mannequin / bodyform

Postby ContinentalCat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

What an excellent find, I'm sure you'll be able to make it work for your measurements.

I dream of a dressform; tried the ducttape version and it had the OH and me in giggles, so that was good fun, but the form didn't really work as well as a proper one would.

Return to “Knitting Gadgets”