Charity for very ill and terminally ill children

Know any good causes that needs crafters? Please post contact details and requirements here.
Kazzyknits

Charity for very ill and terminally ill children

Postby Kazzyknits » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm

I have been involved with this charity http://www.postpals.co.uk/ since before Christmas, I saw a post on the UKRAK group on Ravelry looking for people to be reindeers ( send cards) or elfs ( send present) to children that are suffering from serious illnesses and their siblings that sometimes get pushed to the side.

The more I read about the charity and it's theme to put a smile on a child's face, I decided to get involved and was assigned 2 teenager girls, who I shopped for and sent presents to for Christmas. Then in January I received the following email

Hi

As someone who has shown an interest in the past in the postpals elf project or the postpals monthly projects I am emailing to let you know the monthly projects that are taking place this year so if you wish to particiate in any you can let us know

Jan- Free choice
Feb- Craft
March- Book
April- easter
May- Space
June- Jungle
July- Summer
Aug- Underwater
Sep- Stationary
Oct- Halloween
Nov- Animal
Dec- Elf project.

If you would like to take part please let us know if you have any preference on age/gender of a child you would like to buy for

Many thanks

Jenny and Lorna
Postpals monthly projects

The gifts are not to be expensive and even something as simple as printing out some colouring pictures and asking them into a folder , brings such a happy smile :) the pound shops etc have pencils notepads etc that all are gratefully accepted.

I have signed up and been allocated a lovely little girl called Eleanor , and at the moment I am just finishing a blanket for her and have yarn to knit her socks . I have got to know her Mum and have her on Facebook and they are a lovely family. But you dont need to commit to sending to a specific child or even every month, there is a section on the website , where you click find pals and you can go through and find a child and you can either send them a small gift, or postcard anything just to give them something to open and smile.

Last week lidls were selling yarn, my hubby went and bought me a trolley full of yarn to allow me to knit hats , scarfs , socks etc to send to kids throughout the year. On each child's page there is an address for the items to be sent to, this is not the child's address but a forwarding address for all items.

If you are on Facebook please look up and add post pals , and you will find some fantastic stories of how these brave children cope and try to give to others.

Thank you so much for reading this and if you want any more information on this please PM me and I will do my best to help :smile:

Return to “Charities”