Christmas gifts

Anything knitting related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Joy

Christmas gifts

Postby Joy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:39 am

I was wondering what christmas knitting/crochet people are doing?
I'm about to start a shawl for my best friend and I keep thinking I ought to make a hat for DS's girlfriend I also like to do some charity knits at Christmas. at least Christmas is months away, isn't it?

Helensunshine

Re: Christmas gifts

Postby Helensunshine » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Joy, i'm making a pair of socks for my better half, I usually make a pair at the same time on DPNS, a few rows on one then a few on the other as I buy two balls to make socks, however (!), this ball of self patterning wool was expensive so I only bought the one ball, finished first sock last night, he tried it on, perfect fit. Started the other 3 times last night and couldn't get it right, ggrrr! Luckily Christmas is ages away yet :omg: :rabbit: happy knitting everyone

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:41 am

I love the idea of buying two balls of yarn, what a good idea. Have you ever tried TWAT, or to be more polite Two At A Time, you'd have to use circular to do that, I found it a lot easier than I feared.

darknit

Postby darknit » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Half way through another Toph hat for my daughter-in-law. Should finish it by the end of the week. Need to knit owl socks for daughter, but I fear they will be birthday rather than Christmas present.

Helensunshine

Postby Helensunshine » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Oh Joy, that made me laugh so much, I nearly choked, thank you so much for that little giggle. The 2nd sock is coming along nicely now, i'm a newbie knitter so haven't tried two at a time on circulars, I made myself a little 9" circular needle but it's a wee bit fiddly. I suppose it's a matter of practice, and gaining experience. :knit:

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Helensunshine wrote:Oh Joy, that made me laugh so much, I nearly choked, thank you so much for that little giggle.

So did i Helensunshine :rofl:

TonyH

Postby TonyH » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm working on a few small hats for Innocent Smoothie's "Big Knit" campaign for Age UK (http://tinyurl.com/lyzt2tm) Basically you knit small hats to go on a smoothie bottle. For each bottle that is sold, Innocent donates 25p to Age UK. I've only done a couple so far, but I'll put some pics up at some point, when I've done a few more.
:cheers: Tony

Joy

Postby Joy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Well done Tony, they're fun aren't they.

Return to “Random Knitting Stuff”