Plans for 2019

Anything knitting related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Joy

Plans for 2019

Postby Joy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Do you have goals for your knitting and yarny projects for the coming year?

I won't accept yarn dieting. It's an immoral con and impossible to stick to so not worth starting, however I will accept making room in the stash store for more.
I seem to be drawn to small projects because I'm fed up making sweaters that don't fit properly or pill badly, so it feels like a lot of effort for little reward , but I'm still trying to spin a full sweaters worth of yarn. I rather like the Andrea Mowry' s So Faded https://www.ravelry.com/projects/hilltopkatie/so-faded jumper and I particularly like hill top Katie's hand spun version. (I've been trying to do this for at least 3 years so I'm not holding out much hope)
I also treated myself to a new book for Christmas Kate Davies Milarrochy Heids https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/source ... ochy-heids
I'm hoping to spin the yarn and work my way through the whole book, I don't often buy hard copy books these days but this one was a no brainer, Kate's books are beautiful to browse through whether you're interested in the knitting or not.

I'll need a few simple travelling projects to keep me quiet when I'm not spinning, I rather fancy buying a big bag of stylecraft and crocheting squares for a blanket.

darknit

Re: Plans for 2019

Postby darknit » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:04 pm

I love your choices Joy - especially the hats, though I couldn't wear one like that as I would look like a mushroom. So it would make a good birthday present.

I am in the process of using up as much of my dk wool oddments as possible. When you are a total squirrel where wool is concerned it becomes an absolute necessity to do a bit of squares-for-blankets knitting, so I have made it a rule to knit one square every night whilst watching tv. Here is the result so far. The finished blanket will go out to an African orphanage that our knit and natter group supports.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=2627

My sister-in-law gave me a skein of the most luxurious wool for Christmas together with a pattern for a shawl that should take just that amount. I'm not really a shawl wearer but the wool is just fabulous. Suggestions for what else I could knit with it welcomed. It's The Fibre Co. Road to China - Silken jewels.
Attachments
squares.002.jpg
squares.002.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 102 times

Joy

Postby Joy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Oooooh what gorgeous yarn. I browsedthe ravelry projects and yardage is going to be an issue but I saw this rather nice capped sleeve waistcoat/cardi. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/allida ... lora-cardi although it took less than a skein it's quite a small size.

And I love your squares. I agree a challenge to knit a square per evening tv is a good goal and great that you've got an orphanage lined up. I've got enough stylecraft to do something similar.

Knitting Gill

Postby Knitting Gill » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Like you, Joy, I prefer smaller projects and my immediate goal this New Year is to complete the tea cosy and the phone cover I have on needles currently. Long term I would like to finish projects I've had otn for a very long time, in particular a dish cloth and a wrist/mug warmer. I have also started a doll's jacket, which is part of a whole outfit. The pattern for this and also the one for the tea cosy are in an old pattern booklet which we had in our house when I was a child. Our mother bought it for my three sisters and me and one of them found it and let me have it.

I hope you achieve your goal with your squares, Darknit - looking good so far!

Happy New Year!

Gill

Helensunshine

Postby Helensunshine » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 am

Happy New Year all!

I'm aiming to finish my first lapghan (which I started in November ) by the end of January and pleased that progress is going well, although it takes me 2 hours to put 2" on the blanket - I am not a fast knitter but really enjoy it.

I also have 2 pairs of socks on my DPNS with my Christmas wool purchase, one is a self striping wool from Finland - how exotic (!) and the other is a kind of dolly mixture colour by the Women's Institute acrylic (I didn't realise this wasn't sock wool when I bought it as I am still learning about all this stuff). This pair is extra fun to knit because it's so soft and colourful!

Enjoy all your projects, big and small, enjoy all the happy colours and textures throughout the year, best wishes, Helen x

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:04 am

Well Ive finished a little cardigan for my Best friends grandson, ive done that pattern sooo many times but this time it all went Pete Tong, after a little help (you know who you are) i finished it and she has sent me a photo of him in it and he looks so cute in it. I'm now doing a cardigan for my niece as I found some wool I had and forgot about.

Return to “Random Knitting Stuff”