Can pets sense things we arent aware of?

For all our furry friends and ad-hoc knitting models.
liscoole

Can pets sense things we arent aware of?

Postby liscoole » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:40 pm

My cat behaves really strangely when he goes upstairs to our loft conversion. Its like he's having a conversation with someone- he miaows and miaows and miaows like mad, but is quiet when he comes back down again. He frequently does this in the middle of the night, waking us all up!
The strange thing is, this has really only started in the last year since my grandma died and we were very close. I put a picture of her beside the bed in the room upstairs. Maybe Im being very stupid and imagining things, but I get the feeling she is there? She was always a huge cat lover, she adored them and always kept cats. My dad an uncle are huge cat fans too.
Maybe Im being fanciful and silly but i do get the impression my cat can sense something up there. Has anyone else any similar experiences, be it with cats, dogs or any other animals?
Me on Rav... Gingercat77

lastade

Re: Can pets sense things we arent aware of?

Postby lastade » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:17 pm

I believe that they can sense things. My animals communicate telepathically with me. They give me the most adorable looks with their eyes. Here is my puppy communicating that he needs chew toys.
Attachments
patchiepoo3.jpg
patchiepoo3.jpg (58.37 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
Find vintage, knitting and crochet patterns at:
http://www.lastade-designs.ecrater.co.uk
PDF Downloads at: http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/475351

liscoole

Postby liscoole » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 pm

lol! He really looks like he's enjoying that sandal... :lol:
Me on Rav... Gingercat77

lastade

Postby lastade » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I am sorry for the loss of your grandma. I lost my grandmother 3 years ago and really sense her standing over my shoulder as I crochet and knit. She had an enormous influence on my life. She had the patience to teach me how to do all kinds of crafts. When I visited her she kept me busy! I am sure that your cat does sense her presence because she sounds like she was well loved by you all and may want to visit you from time to time.
Find vintage, knitting and crochet patterns at:
http://www.lastade-designs.ecrater.co.uk
PDF Downloads at: http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/475351

ContinentalCat

Postby ContinentalCat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:30 pm

They say animals can sense things like earthquakes, but I hope it's not that! Could it be that there are mice in the loft, or birds on the roof?

liscoole

Postby liscoole » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:34 pm

thanks lastade, I do miss my grandma, its kind of comforting to think she is up there, chatting with the cat lol :lol: Your little puppy is gorgeous :)

Continental cat- I really hope its not an earthquake lol but then it happens so often I think we would have noticed the earthquake by now lol. MICE! i really really hope not!!!
Me on Rav... Gingercat77

Vonnie

Postby Vonnie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Animals can definately sense things.
Bonnie knows when I am feeling poorly, or if I am unhappy about something.
VONNIE

Flowerfairy

Postby Flowerfairy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Without question, as far as we're concerned. We've got two cats and a dog and like Vonnie's dog, they're all very aware of when you're upset as they come straight over to give you a cuddle. We've also noticed that there are times when they seem to be watching something or someone that we can't see. They're never spooked by it, always just interested, and sometimes they'll bark or miaow as if they're communicating with whoever it is. We believe very strongly that our deceased loved ones are never very far away so we take the animals' interest as a cue to say 'hello and hope you're OK'. It's never scary, just comforting and perhaps your cat is giving you the cue to say 'hello' to your Grandma too!
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

runetracey

Postby runetracey » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:27 pm

I believe they are sensitive to all kinds of things that we arent. My pets, including my current dog always know when I am ill

fii

Postby fii » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:23 pm

I am sure they can.

Our old cat used to lay on the dining chairs, if anyone was ill or had a bad day etc he would always lay on their chair.

He also knew if we were unwell and would give us extra cuddles.

Return to “Pets' Corner”