Do you have a burning question that will prevent needles travelling across the room in anger? Post it here.
User avatar
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NW Kent


Postby mauramac » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi everyone
Could you clear up a little niggle for me please.
I'm just about to start a hat which has a small cable in the ribbed area.
The instruction says Cr2B: K2tog leaving sts on LH needle, K into first st again, slip both sts of LH needle together.

Now - I've done this stitch before and I'm sure I knitted them separately but I can't actually find a description of this one the way it is written....i.e. Cr2B.
What exactly does the Cr mean? Is it just Cross? And what does the B it knit through back like I've seen done before. Nowhere does it seem to indicate that you knit the 2 together.

Just a silly thing as I know how to achieve the cable effect.....well I think I do! but it's niggling me :unsure:

Any thoughts?

Thanks xxMaura

User avatar
Posts: 1082
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Norfolk UK

Re: Cr2B

Postby darknit » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:47 am

I'm pretty sure that means a cable that crosses to the right - in long hand, put two stitches on the cable needle and hold at the back, knit two then the two from the cable needle. It can sometimes help if you can identify that part on the main picture. Hope that helps.

Return to “Technique Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests