From The Sock Drawer collection

Are you totally addicted to DPNS? Dying to try Magic Loop? Victim of the dreaded second sock syndrome? Or do you just want to give it a go?
Helen
Supporter

From The Sock Drawer collection

Postby Helen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm

I usually use only free sock patterns as there are so many on ravelry and I am not that quick to have got through them all but I was taken by this collection. So over a period of feeling poorly, what better medicine than a click of the finger and before I knew it I had bought my first book of sock patterns by Verity Castledine. That was some time ago...but at last I have finally competed a pair. I was waiting to find the right yarn as I felt the patterns clashed with some of my variegated stash. When visiting Skipton last year (no year before!) I was treated to some beautiful Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock and I wanted to do it justice so opted for the Francis pattern.
Attachments
P1080873 (Small).JPG
P1080873 (Small).JPG (68.55 KiB) Viewed 46 times
P1080877 (Small).JPG
P1080877 (Small).JPG (79.25 KiB) Viewed 46 times

darknit

Re: From The Sock Drawer collection

Postby darknit » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Those are fabulous Helen, very well done. Nothing like a bit of sock knitting to lift the spirits. When you have finished all the socks in that book (!) have a look at "Knitting Vintage Socks" by Nancy Bush. Perhaps order it from the library first to see if you like the look of any of them.

Joy

Postby Joy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 pm

What a lovely pattern Helen. Like you say, its good soul medicine to feel the needles clicking.

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Love the socks Helen :thumbup: I hope that you are back to yourself?

Return to “Sock Knitting”