New magazine: Simply Crochet Hooked on Handmade

What mags are must haves? Have you been inspired by a particular article? Post your rants and raves about magazines here.
Billie

New magazine: Simply Crochet Hooked on Handmade

Postby Billie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi All

Soz I realise this is supposed to be knitting mags but, I was in H/C earlier and having no luck with the patterns I was looking for I checked out the magazines instead.

Simply Crochet took my eye, firstly for the free gift a shawl pin (which having made three shawls now, I was in need of) but this was a rare magazine that wasn't in a plastic wrapper so you could see what was inside and also what was on the front cover.

In this issue (4) £4.99
3 patterns for shawls and scarves
cardigans
Cushions
Tunisian crochet
some basic tutorial stuff for stitches
pretty flower sleeves to pretty up vest tops

Had to giggle at the chair sox! Crochet sox so your chairs don't scratch your painted wooden floorboards hehehe That's right up there with the flooring they put in schools that they then complain that kids shoes mark?!

and much more

There are things to wear, things to decorate items around the home, quite a wide range of really pretty projects.

Don't know if I've got the dexterity to create this stuff but I was after a shawl pin, so if I split the cost of the magazine and the pin, it was really worthwhile. Haven't bought a magazine in ages, its nice to have something to look through.

LOVE the Debbie Bliss shawl that's in there, and the scarf and the journal cover :) Slippers are quite funky too :)

A nice read with a brew :) Also had a flip through The Great British Sewing Bee book while I was there...then bought it on Amazon at half price at £10 ;)
Last edited by Billie on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where will your crafting journey take you?
Billie's Craft Room
Reviews, tutorials and inspiration.

DarkestKnits
Supporter

Re: New magazine: Simply Crochet Hooked on Handmade

Postby DarkestKnits » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Billie, Ann is on Ravelry!

She is AnnR :smile:

Tricotine
Supporter

Postby Tricotine » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Thank you, Billie!
I am a beginner in crochet but I will look for the mag next time I am out :smile:

Billie

Postby Billie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Darkest Knits

Tricotine

Grab this mag, you'll love it, yes theres some hard stuff in there for when you get good but at the back of the mag there are lots of how too's for crochet basics. The little coasters are good ones to start with.

If you can't get it in a store you can get it here, as the number 5 is out on 2 may.

Granny squares in that one, and also a kit with yarn/hooks and details of how to make a flower. I'm a newbie so the granny squares appeal MUCHLY!!!! hehe

I'll go start a seperate thread for GBSB ;)
Billie's Craft Room

Flowerfairy

Postby Flowerfairy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I subscribe to Simply Knitting and they were offering 3 copies for £1 not long ago as a trial so it might be worth having a look to see if that offer's still around if you're interested in the magazine. You just have to remember to cancel it before the subscription kicks in.
I blog at http://www.winwickmum.co.uk and have created the Sockalong, a series of tutorials to teach beginners how to knit socks

Tricotine
Supporter

Postby Tricotine » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Billie wrote:Granny squares in that one, and also a kit with yarn/hooks and details of how to make a flower. I'm a newbie so the granny squares appeal MUCHLY!!

I will get this one, on the 2nd of May. Thanks again for posting, Billie. I will look out for offers too, Flowerfairy. :smile:

Billie

Postby Billie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

DarkestKnits wrote:Billie, Ann is on Ravelry!

She is AnnR :smile:

Lauren is on Rav too.
Billie's Craft Room

Return to “Knitting Magazines”